API/method to Scroll map

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 1.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

anilone

API/method to Scroll map

Postby anilone » 27 Aug 2009, 11:01

Is there any API/method available to scroll map? I need to scroll the map by using mouse left click + drag. [see in FarmTown - we can scroll using left click + drag]

[Normally the map scrolls on avatar movements only]

I am using OpenSpace full version.
Anil
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 01 Sep 2009, 15:03

This is not available in the current version of OpenSpace. You can only center the view on a given tile, by passing its coordinates to the OpenSpace.centerViewOnTile
In the next release of OpenSpace you will have more control on the map panning (regardless of the avatar position) by means of a specific panView method, but still a live dragging as you are asking for will not be possible (because the OS engine needs to add and remove tiles to the stage while panning occurs).
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
warhell

Postby warhell » 26 Mar 2010, 23:17

bax wrote:This is not available in the current version of OpenSpace. You can only center the view on a given tile, by passing its coordinates to the OpenSpace.centerViewOnTile
In the next release of OpenSpace you will have more control on the map panning (regardless of the avatar position) by means of a specific panView method, but still a live dragging as you are asking for will not be possible (because the OS engine needs to add and remove tiles to the stage while panning occurs).

Is there way to disable the add/remove tile while panning? I'm trying to implement the same feature, and the map I'm using is fairly small so I'm not worried about optimizing it, I just want to implement a smooth panning.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 27 Mar 2010, 12:12

No, it's not possible.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v1 discussions and help”