What's the need of allowing user join morethan 1 game rooms?

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Vishwas

What's the need of allowing user join morethan 1 game rooms?

Postby Vishwas » 11 Nov 2010, 17:23

Is their any practical scenario where a user is allowed to join more than one game rooms ? ( This is with respect to the parameter in function sfs.joinRoom() , where one can set , if user wants to leave the previous room or not ).

I wonder, why would anyone allow a user to stay in previous room ? Only one advantage can be retaining the information of user in previous room. Otherwise, is it really feasible, to be present in more than 1 game rooms simultaneously and playing a game in each of them ?
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 11 Nov 2010, 19:34

One of the practical scenarios could be where:

User creates a game room, joins it and waits for other players. While the user is waiting for other players, he joins the lobby room, whilst not leaving the game room, and look if there is anyone in the lobby and invites them if so. Once done, the room creator then can return to the game room and starts the game.
Smartfox's forum is my daily newspaper.
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 11 Nov 2010, 19:36

On a side note, joining multiple rooms at the same time can result in needing more bandwidth. So, avoid having users in multiple rooms where possible.
Smartfox's forum is my daily newspaper.
Vishwas

Postby Vishwas » 12 Nov 2010, 11:07

BigFIsh wrote:One of the practical scenarios could be where:

User creates a game room, joins it and waits for other players. While the user is waiting for other players, he joins the lobby room, whilst not leaving the game room, and look if there is anyone in the lobby and invites them if so. Once done, the room creator then can return to the game room and starts the game.

yeah, that is a good reason. thnx.

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”