Proxy etc...

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ikodue

Proxy etc...

Postby ikodue » 05 Aug 2005, 23:22

Hello !
First of all I've discover your product recently, and congratulations for your work.
I occasionnaly work in a web agency. I've tried to show "Smartchat" (from the link on gotoandplay.it) to some colleagues but it was impossible to get a connection (I encountered the same problem with "Runn 'n roll"). I guess it is because of the proxy used by the agency, probably a limitation on the avaiable ports(I have to ask the system administrator), I see no other explanation but I am more a designer than a developper... Anyway this is annoying, as we loose the possibility to reach a large audience (I guess this problem could be encountered in any big company). If it is, as I suppose, a problem related to ports is it possible to make the server work on other ports (chat ports for ex) ? Anyway, what is your opinion ?
Thanks.
ikodue
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 06 Aug 2005, 07:57

Hi,
you were probably behind a firewall or maybe the proxy was very restrictive.
One of the best solutions to avoid these problems would be to have a dedicated machine running SmartFoxServer on port 80 (http)

:)
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
ikodue

Of course

Postby ikodue » 06 Aug 2005, 08:46

Of course,
thanks Lapo.
iko

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”