Error on JSONDecoder() version

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

bacuri

Error on JSONDecoder() version

Postby bacuri » 08 Jun 2010, 05:00

Hi,

In our game we are loading a child SWF (from another programmer) which does some JSON serialization/deserialization and we are getting the following error:

ArgumentError: Error #1063: Argument count mismatch on com.adobe.serialization.json::JSONDecoder(). Expected 1, got 2.
at com.fpx.clients.XXXXX.invite::InviteFriends/onUserDataLoaded()[E:\YY\www\common\classes\com\fpx\clients\XXXXX\invite\InviteFriends.as:226]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

So I'm guessing there's a incompatibility between the json classes he is using and the ones I'm using, which come from the SFS AS3 api folder.

I'm wondering what would be the best way to fix this problem without forcing the other programmer to give up on the classes he is using (if it's even possible).

Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm using SFS 1.6.6 (probably without a patch), so I suppose the classes I'm using are the ones which come with that version, but I really don't remember since it's been many months since I installed it.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 08 Jun 2010, 18:30

I don't think there's an easy solution to this if you are using two versions of the same classes. One will take the place of the other.

Check which version is the latest and try to use that one for both the SFS API and the rest of the application. Unless Adobe has changed things in a bad way they should continue to work.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”