Connecting...

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 26 Mar 2007, 12:53

Make sure that a firewall is not blocking your port 9339 on the external address and make sure that both incoming and outgoing traffic is allowed.

From here I can't reach the ext. IP address, is it up?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
mariana

Postby mariana » 27 Mar 2007, 14:22

Lapo wrote:Make sure that a firewall is not blocking your port 9339 on the external address and make sure that both incoming and outgoing traffic is allowed.

From here I can't reach the ext. IP address, is it up?

Thank you, Lapo, I had already checked the firewall, but I did it again, and this time it worked, from INSIDE my network. I must have goofed the first time...

However, when I asked a friend to try connecting from OUTSIDE my network, it again did not work, there is a new security scheme by Adobe, see:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... nager.html

where users of .swf files need to "trust" your application. I think this started with Flash player 9.

I now have simpleConnect working correctly, with my EXTERNAL IP, both from inside and outside my nwork. You can try it if you want, at 82.236.98.22/simpleConnect.swf, or you can use the domain name, which is http://argentina10.com

Thanks a lot fot the help

Mariana
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 27 Mar 2007, 14:50

Glad that you solved it. :)
Those flash security settings where introduced with Flash 8
Unfortunately sometimes the sandbox silently inhibits access to external resources, making it very frustrating understanding what's going on
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”