AdminTool swf is a "protected movie" ?!

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

flarb

AdminTool swf is a "protected movie" ?!

Postby flarb » 06 May 2009, 21:30

When I try to run the admintool SWF Flash says "Cannot access protected movie" and quits out. This is in the latest 1.6.6 archive on Mac OSX. Is there something I need to do to install SmartFox on the mac other than just copying the volume over to my hard drive? Or can I 'unprotect' the SWF?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 07 May 2009, 11:40

Hello,
this is really strange.
I am on Mac too, and have no problems running the tool.

I imagine that you run the AdminTool by double clicking the file which in turn launches the standalone Flash Player, right?
What version is the Flash Player?
Maybe take a look at the file permissions.

Also it could be a problem with the security sandbox, although you should be able to at least see the initial screen of the application. Is this the case?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
flarb

Postby flarb » 07 May 2009, 16:53

I'm using CS4. I looked at the file with GetInfo and there doesn't seem to be anything weird about it. Can you email me your copy of the AdminTool file? Maybe somethng just got corrupted in the installation?
flarb

Postby flarb » 07 May 2009, 18:09

Ok if I manually open it with FlashPlayer 10 it runs, but if I double click on it it tries to open it in side Flash CS4 which is where I get that error. Just a minor annoyance--but I think if you don't check 'protect from import' on the admin tool it might fix the dialog warning?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 07 May 2009, 19:37

In that case the problem is the wrong application association in your OS.
SWF files should be run by the standalone Flash Player, not run by the Flash IDE. I would suggest to simply assign the standalone Flash Player as the default Application for SWF files.

Also the optimal way to use the tool is to publish it in a reserved area of your website so that you can reach from anywhere and using any computer.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
flarb

Postby flarb » 07 May 2009, 20:01

Oooh that's a pretty slick idea, never thought of that. I'll definitely do that.

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”