{ Update } SmartFoxServer PRO 1.6.3 available

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

jackygu

Postby jackygu » 22 Aug 2008, 08:24

Wonderfull!
Regarding to the force login, we could not find how to use this function with java server side.
Please inform how to do.

B/regds/
Gu
JeroenSteggink

Postby JeroenSteggink » 22 Aug 2008, 11:08

jackygu wrote:Wonderfull!
Regarding to the force login, we could not find how to use this function with java server side.
Please inform how to do.

B/regds/
Gu

Same here, it seems there is no extra forcelogin parameter for the canLogin function in the ExtensionHelper class.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 22 Aug 2008, 12:49

Same here, it seems there is no extra forcelogin parameter for the canLogin function in the ExtensionHelper class.

Seems the jar generator script didn't work right :shock: :oops:
Thanks for noticing
Update re-uploaded. Please install it again, it should solve the issue.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Gamebrew

Postby Gamebrew » 24 Aug 2008, 15:55

What day will docs on this update be available? I'm interested in <MaxSocketIdleTime> thanks!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 25 Aug 2008, 06:36

From the release notes:
» Added new tag: <MaxSocketIdleTime> for specifying the max idle time of a socket connection

It allows you to specify how much time socket connections (not Users) can stay idle.

Docs will be updated during this week
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 01 Sep 2008, 08:07

Hello,

I updated my API to the new API included with the upgrade - Actionscript_API.

However, I ran into a problem and I'm not sure what is the best way to resolve this.

Upon login, the client sends a extension message to the server "jMe" without being inside a room (yet) - then the extension performs certain tasks such as create dynamic room if necessary, send room list, then auto join him/her into a room etc

With the new upgrade, I no longer can send the extension message "jMe" because I am not inside a room yet. i.e. i get this error:

Internal error:
The room list is empty!
The client API cannot function properly until the room list is populated.
Please consult the documentation for more infos.

But is this necessary? "jMe" was sent to the server with "-1" as a parameter for the room id in the sendXtMessage.

i.e. smartfox.sendXtMessage("ext", "jMe", [], "str", -1)

Regards,
Joshua.
Smartfox's forum is my daily newspaper.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 01 Sep 2008, 15:23

You can't talk to an extension without having first joined a room.
This is no new rule. It's there since SFS was born (for security reasons)
We have simply added an error message client side to enforce the concept :)
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 01 Sep 2008, 18:34

My design is very similar to pixelGame, and if I try and use the new actionscript API for that game, it'll throw in the same error..

Can't you allow an exception if we use "-1" in sendXtMessage?

p.s. it was working fine with the older API (under /Flash API/...)
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 02 Sep 2008, 11:42

You should simply send the room list BEFORE joining the user. Whether this is done on the client side or server this sequence must be respected.
I can't verify the example you have mentioned right now, but if it's not working then the reason is exactly this, the client side room list data is not populated before the join is done.
This means that in the client there's no reference to the room that the join event indicates.
This is clearly a problem and the client API must be first populated with the initial room list, then anything else can be done.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 02 Sep 2008, 18:34

Yes, the sequence that you mentioned is being followed but all is done via server side. When the server receive the client's "jMe", it firstly search for any available room - if there's no available room for that client to join, then the server creates a new dynamic room. Then the server sends the room list to the client and then joins him/her to the specific room afterward.

I needed to do this procedure in order for this to work.

Have a look at pixelGame example to refresh your memory:
http://www.smartfoxserver.com/docs/docP ... /index.htm
You can see that it communicates with the server even before the room list is requested.

The new code @ line 2771 (checkRoomList()) is the main reason why it no longer works.
ptdgames

Postby ptdgames » 02 Sep 2008, 20:41

The kick/ban improvements are great. I was handling this stuff custom-like before, but now I can use the included stuff!
Barnabas

Mac update difficulty

Postby Barnabas » 10 Sep 2008, 17:55

Quick question/concern about applying the 1.6.3 patch on a Mac. The install notes say:

1. Stop the server if its running.
2. copy the content of the Server/ folder in your path-to-sfs-installation/Server/lib/ folder
3. when asked to replace files, answer yes
4. Start the server

However the default folder copy behavior on the Mac is different than on Windows. Instead of performing a merge, OS X performs a replace. When I first upgraded my local dev machine, I accidentally replaced the contents of the entire Server folder with the three patched files. Luckily I had my extension scripts and config file backed up and was able to reinstall the Server folder and perform the patch correctly by overwriting the three new files to the Server/lib folder individually.

I realize that releasing the patch instead of a separate full release saves bandwidth, but please be aware of this small difficulty for patches in the future.

More info about mac folder copying here.

By the way, thanks for making such an excellent product. Kudos!
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Mac update difficulty

Postby Bax » 11 Sep 2008, 09:52

Barnabas wrote:However the default folder copy behavior on the Mac is different than on Windows. Instead of performing a merge, OS X performs a replace.

That is why in the installation instructions we wrote "2. copy the content of the Server/ folder..." ;)
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
lekboon

Postby lekboon » 17 Sep 2008, 09:08

Hi,just a quick question.... will this update compatible to the older version like 1.6.0 ? Currently we are using the 1.6.0 version and want to update to this version....so just want to check on this compatible issue.

Thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 17 Sep 2008, 10:04

Yes it is compatible. If you check the release notes you'll learn more about the changes.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”