Question about programing in general?

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

mamaluke

Question about programing in general?

Postby mamaluke » 06 Aug 2008, 06:09

Sorry I wasn't sure where to post this topic but I figured I would post on this forum considering lots of people here seem very good with computer programing. Anyways for the last two years I have been in a community college doing Video Imaging and I decided to change my degree to computers because of the lack of jobs around me in FILM and I love computers. So anyway I went to schools program list and saw two degrees one is Computer Science and Computer Information Systems, they both look the same but computer science has like 5 more math classes then the CIS program and CIS seems like it has more stuff other then programing like NETWORKING and Buisness classes, and im not great at math so i decided to register for the CIS program. My question is have any of you ever majored in one of these programs? I'm planning on going to a university and getting my bachelors in CIS after two years at community school. And also is Computer Science a lot better for jobs and money?

And another question is I had a choice to either take Introduction to Java and Advanced Java or Visual Basic 1 and 2 what would you recommend?

This is my schedule right now
Structured Prog (C++)
Elem Algebra Traditional
Intro to JAVA
Linux/UNIX Essentials
Menser

Postby Menser » 06 Aug 2008, 13:10

Hello-

I would say Intro to Java and Advanced Java.

_-Menser-_

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”