any way to sendXtMessage from java applet?

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

innivodave

any way to sendXtMessage from java applet?

Postby innivodave » 09 Jun 2008, 18:27

Hey guys,
I'd like to be able to pass data from a java applet directly to a serverside extension. Does anyone know if this is possible with smartfox? If so, any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dave
potmo

Postby potmo » 10 Jun 2008, 08:35

I don't know about the security protocol of JAVA-applets but all software that can make a xml or raw connection can send extension messages to Smartfox.
I have dont this with director and it isn't that much work just to send xt-messages. What you need to do is to connect, join the lobby and then start sending/receiving messages.

Im willing to help out if youre starting to port the client protocol to a java applet. It would be great!
Nisse Bergman
Raketspel
innivodave

Postby innivodave » 10 Jun 2008, 16:51

Thanks for the reply Nisse.
I am mainly an actionscript/php developer, and I don't have much experience with java at the moment, but it's looking like I will by the end of my current project :)
Right now I have no idea how to create an XML or raw connection to SFS using java, but thanks for putting me on the right path. I will do some research and see what I can come up with.
I agree that a java port of the client api would be great, maybe when I've finished this project I'll come back to it :)
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 11 Jun 2008, 07:40

Recently we have been working on porting the client API to Java (and not only). We have a pretty stable version that will be released with the next update, it supports the entire protocol including the BlueBox.
If you want to try it just drop us an email -> info {at} smartfoxserver.com

It requires Java 5

cheers :)
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
innivodave

Postby innivodave » 11 Jun 2008, 08:30

That's awesome Lapo! I've sent you an email.
Does the java API support redbox too?

Thanks
Dave

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”