SFS Booting every couple of hours

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

mistermind

SFS Booting every couple of hours

Postby mistermind » 27 May 2008, 23:29

Hello there guys,
I'm having a small pickle here. SFS is booting up every couple of hours with this message inside the wrapper logs:

Code: Select all

INFO   | jvm 8    | 2008/05/27 14:16:49 | Wrapper Manager: The Wrapper code did not ping the JVM for 32 seconds.  Quit and let the Wrapper resynch.
INFO   | jvm 8    | 2008/05/27 14:16:49 | 2008-05-27 14:16:40.857::INFO:  Shutdown hook executing
INFO   | jvm 8    | 2008/05/27 14:16:49 |
INFO   | jvm 8    | 2008/05/27 14:16:49 |
INFO   | jvm 8    | 2008/05/27 14:16:49 | Shutting down server...

I'm still trying to figure out what could be causing this, but so far I got nothing.
I'm starting to think it -could- be the fact that my game relies a lot on onJoinRoomError and onCreateRoomError to create automatic joins in my random match feature and clan rooms (for example, if can't create clan room, join clan room, based on onCreateRoomError)
I did set my console logging level to only trigger SEVERE, but I left the file logging level to WARNING, which of course, causes the wrap to become huge over a certain amount of time.
Could that be the reason for this error and, consequentially, SFS boots?
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 28 May 2008, 07:54

Looks like the native wrapper/launcher is having issues talking to the JVM... let me guess... by chance do you run CentOS? :) Maybe I am wrong, but we received a number of similar reports from people running that particular Linux distribution.

Anyways, to see if the wrapper is the problem (under Linux) you can start the server with the start.sh script instead of sfs
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
mistermind

Postby mistermind » 28 May 2008, 15:19

Nope :(
I'm using Windows Server 2003.
I tried changing the logging and file level to SEVERE, but still got booted this morning.

I'm starting to think it might have something to do with several MySQL problems I'm also having due to probably porr configuration of my my.ini file.

Since SFS uses a database connection to MySQL, it might be all connected to one single issue.

0 rows returned.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 28 May 2008, 15:43

You can anyways start the server manually instead of running it as a service.
First shut down the currently running instance, then start the server with the start.bat file.

If the problem persists there could be a JVM issue with your system, in that case a JRE update could solve the issue
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

mistermind

Postby mistermind » 28 May 2008, 20:34

Thanks lapo I'm doing that right now :)
It seems I'm also having horrible problems with my MySQL configuration, which can be the cause for these issues with SFS as well since they are all connected.

One question thou: In the DB examples we never have any sort of instance closure after accessing it (such as recordSet.close for example) Does that means the extensions always close the connection after retrieving/passing data or does it, in fact, works differently then regular bridge connections?

0 rows returned.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 29 May 2008, 07:43

One question thou: In the DB examples we never have any sort of instance closure after accessing it (such as recordSet.close for example) Does that means the extensions always close the connection after retrieving/passing data or does it, in fact, works differently then regular bridge connections?

I have no idea about what a "bridge connection" is, anyways YES connections are opened and closed, but there's a connection-pool behind the DbManager so that it doesn't impact the server performance.

The pool is configurable according what is explained in the docs
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”