Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

poppop

Postby poppop » 23 May 2008, 16:55

Hi,

I've got a few questions about avatar chat.

1. When somone enters the room, and another person who is already in the room is moving, the new player sees that player as already at the end position.

Is there anything that can be done about this? or what would you do to stop this problem? I know its not possible to keep updating x and y live. SO... maybe hide moving players or somthing??? i dont know.

2. Is there anyway to stop the easing of the player from A to B -- i cannot seem to remove the slow to fast movement. I'd just like a constant speed.

(p.s i tried to join gotoandplay.it -- it's given me a name "poppop", i've activated by clicking the link in email, but i cannot log in. It just wont go in)

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 25 May 2008, 07:48

1. When somone enters the room, and another person who is already in the room is moving, the new player sees that player as already at the end position.

Is there anything that can be done about this? or what would you do to stop this problem? I know its not possible to keep updating x and y live. SO... maybe hide moving players or somthing??? i dont know.

The chat is optimized to avoid continuously sending positions of each player so there's not much you can do about it.
2. Is there anyway to stop the easing of the player from A to B -- i cannot seem to remove the slow to fast movement. I'd just like a constant speed.

If I remember well we used a simple tweening API that has various easing options. Sources are included in the lib/ folder, I'd suggest to take a look there.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”