simple chat problem

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

hansolx

simple chat problem

Postby hansolx » 27 Feb 2008, 02:37

ive made a very simple chat app but for some reason only one person that i know can connect to my computer, ive even followed the instructions from the page viewtopic.php?t=306. If you wanna see the file i have it uploaded here: http://hansolx.free-web-hosting.biz/App.swf

edit: only two people have been able to get into my chat now... and the difference between those two and everyone else is that there internet connection is wireless... but what does that have todo with them being able to connect to me?!
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 27 Feb 2008, 04:57

I accessed your website and tried out your chat. I am able to access it.
hansolx

Postby hansolx » 27 Feb 2008, 11:58

Were you able to talk in it? Im going to leave my server on for around 8 hours starting from now incase anyone wants to try to chat in it. anyone can load it but i was checking to see who can connect. btw everyone can get into the chat window you can only tell your not connected if it doesnt say anything on the next frame ><
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 27 Feb 2008, 14:02

I'm able to connect and send messages.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
hansolx

Postby hansolx » 27 Feb 2008, 19:42

bax wrote:I'm able to connect and send messages.

thx for the response, but I'm so confused... not everyone can get in x.x do you happen to have a wireless internet connection? if so, for some odd reason only people with a wireless connection can connect to it

edit: the site wont work for me either, but when i open up the .swf it works fine.
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 27 Feb 2008, 19:53

I don't think it has to do anything with wireless. I am using wireless.

I was able to connect and send by using FireFox browser.. and with Internet Explorer 7.0 I couldn't.

I think with earlier version of Internet Explorer there should be no problem..

Or, perhaps as Lapo suggested, each browser has different version of flash installed. I'll check that out later

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”