Port Forward with Netgear WGT624v3

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Danneman

Port Forward with Netgear WGT624v3

Postby Danneman » 10 Feb 2008, 22:20

Ive read about everything about port forwarding here on this site, and it still wont work.

I run smartfoxserver v1.1.1. basic directtly from my computer behind a router, and I keep getting the error "Check if server address and port are properly configured".

When I connect the computer directly to the modem, it work fine. Meaning my smartfoxserver-setup is ok (including the crossdomain.xml).

Some info:
-------------------------------------------------------------

I have Netgear WGT624v3 router.
Hardware Version V3H1
Firmware Version V2.0.10_1.0.1 (newest according to update)

Static IP for my coumputers behind the router (192.168.0.2 for the one running SmartFox). They are configured under "Lan IP Setup".

Port Forwarding settings are:
- Service Name: JavaServer
- Service Type : TCP/UDP
- Starting Port: 9339
- Ending Port: 9339
- Server IP Address: 182.168.0.2

Dynamic DNS is setup and functioning ("ping myhostname.dnsalias.com" works fine).

As stated above, Ive tried running the SmartFoxServer connecting the computer to the adsl-modem directly, and it works fine.

I have Panda Antivirus installed, and ZoneLabs firewall, but since there is no problem when connecting directly to the modem, this should not be an issue. The issue should be in the router.

Ive tried port forwarding with another router (d-link 604), and the same problem persisted.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I know this issue has been posted a lot on this forum (I think Ive read most of them :P) so Im not getting my hopes up for a solution. But any suggestions are welcome.
darnpunk

Postby darnpunk » 11 Feb 2008, 01:18

I have the same problem ever since I started out on SFS months ago and it was never solved. I checked my router logs and it reported that the packet sent to my router via the port (9339) and my internet IP was received correctly and passed on to the destination computer, which is my computer running SFS. However, SFS does not receive the packet. I tried sending telnet too but it does not work as well. Maybe we are missing something :(
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 11 Feb 2008, 07:34

I have Panda Antivirus installed, and ZoneLabs firewall, but since there is no problem when connecting directly to the modem, this should not be an issue. The issue should be in the router.

Two firewalls running together? :shock:
Have you actually tried to shut them down?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Danneman

Postby Danneman » 11 Feb 2008, 09:17

Lapo wrote:

Two firewalls running together? :shock:
Have you actually tried to shut them down?

Yes, Ive tried shutting them down both (and I dont have Windows Firewall on), but the SFS still wont start.

But since the SFS runs without a problem just by connecting the computer directly to the modem (no router), the problem should be the router...I just dont see where since Ive followed every instructions here relating to this problem :(
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 11 Feb 2008, 09:33

You say the server won't start ... so what is the problem?
Server doesn't start or server runs but you can't connect? It's a big difference. If it's the former you should look for error messages in the console or log files
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Danneman

Postby Danneman » 11 Feb 2008, 10:47

This is the error-message: (no error-message appears when run with computer directly atteched to modem)
--------------
[ --> FATAL ERROR <-- ]: Error initializing server.

Check if server address and port are properly configurated.

Exception caught in SmartFoxServer
java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: bind
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind<Native Method>
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind<Unknown Source>
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind<Unknown Source>
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind<Unknown Source>
at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.SmartFoxServer.x<Unknown Source>
at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.SmartFoxServer.run<Unknow Source>

Shutting down server...
---------------
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 11 Feb 2008, 14:38

The problem is that you're trying to bind an address that is not physically available on your machine.
Are you trying to use the external IP, maybe? If so you can't.
You must use the physical IP address of your machine in the LAN.
If you're unsure about how to do this, simply leave 127.0.0.1 and SmartFoxServer will automatically bind all the available IP addresses
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Danneman

Postby Danneman » 11 Feb 2008, 16:32

That must be it :shock: I will try this immediately and tell you how it worked :)
Danneman

Postby Danneman » 11 Feb 2008, 16:42

Yep, that solved the problem. Tank you very much, Lapo :D I feel very relieved now :P
Alex2

Two firewalls running together ?

Postby Alex2 » 26 May 2010, 16:47

Two firewalls running together ? Not good, make sure you have the latest Panda Antivirus version

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”