Database Manager

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Manav Chaudhary

Database Manager

Postby Manav Chaudhary » 18 Nov 2020, 11:07

Hope all are doing good ..
I have confusion in database manager regarding relation between
"Maximum of active connection" and "Exhausted pool action".
Example
Maximum of active connection : 20
Maximum of idle connection : 10
Exhausted pool action : Grow

is it mean that ideal there will be 10 connection in connection pool and when i need more connection then connection pool will grow till Maximum of active connection (i.e 20)
and what will happen when i need more then Maximum of active connection (i.e 20) connection ?

Or Is it mean ideal there will be 10 connection in connection pool and when i need more connection then connection pool will manage till Maximum of active connection (i.e 20)
and then "Exhausted pool action : Grow" will grow "Maximum of active connection" (i.e 20) till my connection requirement .
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Database Manager

Postby Lapo » 20 Nov 2020, 17:13

Hi,
when you use "Grow" the "maximum active connection" limit is ignored and connections will grow indefinitely (until there's memory available, or you hit the connection limit of the DB).

The "idle connections" limit is still working though. Which means that there will be no more than 10 connections in idle state at any one time.

Idle connections are those that are not currently used but they are kept alive so that they can be reused. (Which is faster than shutting them down and recreating them later)

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”