MMORPG compatibility

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Shane

MMORPG compatibility

Postby Shane » 10 Jun 2007, 00:13

Hiya,

I have a game in the works (and almost finished) that is meant to be MMORPG. I would like to use SmartFox as the tool to connect all these users to each other to establish the MMO aspect of it. I already have a web-based database storing item information, character wielding, things like that.

I am wondering if there is an documentation or if anyone can steer me in the right direction on how i would go about using SmartFox to integrate into my game and thus establish the MMO feature of users seeing and interacting with other users.

-----
Also a totally unrelated question: Is it possible to create more than one administrator account for remote server logins? I've noticed it is only possible to have one person logged in at a time

Thanks!!!!
Blank_101

Postby Blank_101 » 10 Jun 2007, 06:32

acoole

hi

Postby acoole » 10 Jun 2007, 11:15

Hi,

Do you have an example of your game that you could post?

Thanks,
//Andrew
Shane

Postby Shane » 10 Jun 2007, 14:23

Ah thanks for the docs link Blank, those are very helpful.

Unfortunatly acoole my game is over 38,000 lines long so it would be difficult to isolate a particular section of code :P

My newest problem is "sendObject." For whatever reason I can't get it to work properly. I've installed the APIs on my flash but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. Is there somehting I have to do server-side?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 11 Jun 2007, 06:34

Check this post: viewtopic.php?t=1476
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 11 Jun 2007, 07:42

I am wondering if there is an documentation or if anyone can steer me in the right direction on how i would go about using SmartFox to integrate into my game and thus establish the MMO feature of users seeing and interacting with other users.

MMOs represent one HUGE topic, and entire books have been written on it. Also MMO is not exactly a "feature"... if you're going to develop this type of applications you should really plan every detail before you write a single line of code.

If you already have so many lines of code and you haven't planned the MMO features earlier you will probably have to refactor a lot of code

Also a totally unrelated question: Is it possible to create more than one administrator account for remote server logins? I've noticed it is only possible to have one person logged in at a time

Nope, only 1 admin at a time.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”