Facebook - Failure to connect upon refreshes

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Rashomon

Facebook - Failure to connect upon refreshes

Postby Rashomon » 12 Jan 2012, 01:23

My team is rolling out a Facebook/Flash/AS3 game. We're having some sporradic connection problems.

Sometimes, the user may try to reload the game by refreshing the browser or pressing the app icon at the top of the status ticker. Usually, the game reloads and connects to SFS. Sometimes, however, it never connects.

I work for a government organization, so we have to have a 508 compliant version. We included a link to the 508 version in our game. Sometimes when the user goes to the 508 and then returns to the Flash version, we get the same connection failure.

The flow doesn't even make it back to the onConnectionHandler, so I can't even check the error code. Maybe it isn't even trying to log in?

Any idea what's going on or how to fix it?
A51Integrated

Postby A51Integrated » 12 Jan 2012, 02:51

When using Flash with the Facebook API, be sure to follow a very linear series of events before finally connecting to SFS.

The Facebook API can be quite slow at times to authenticate an app, so first wait for confirmation that the FB API has completed it's authentication routines and only then try and connect to SFS - presumably with the user's FB id.

I don't think this is a SFS issue, but rather the lack of an event being dispatched that alerts the Flash client to connect to SFS.
A51 Integrated
http://a51integrated.com / +1 416-703-2300

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”