importing an entire .fla file into a smart fox example

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

mariana

importing an entire .fla file into a smart fox example

Postby mariana » 29 Mar 2007, 10:29

I have a working .fla file, complete with stage, several MClips, .as files, etc., which works beautifully as part of a single-player game.

I want to make it into a multi-player game using SFS (in fact, that is why I'm testing SFS).

Is there any way I can copy the whole thing as a folder, say, into one of your examples (eg. avatarChat), replacing its "chatGUI" folder? of course, I would include a "powered by....." phrase in the GUI(let me know what I should put here pls).

If not, what should I do? make my .fla file into a component? do you have documentation on how to do this?

Thanks,
Mariana
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 31 Mar 2007, 10:39

Hi Mariana,
it's not so clear what you would like to do.
If you mean you want to reuse assets from our examples, this is ok (having a "Powered by SmartFoxServer" displayed, with a link to our website, would be fine).
If you plan to import your single-player game inside our examples, this is also ok, but (maybe it's stupid to remark this) you will have to make a lot of changes to make it multiplayer.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”