Get any room UserList and userVariables

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Aazarel

Get any room UserList and userVariables

Postby Aazarel » 24 Oct 2011, 08:26

Hello !

I am coding ActionScript 3.0 on Flash CS3 and I use smartFoxServer Pro 1.6.6. I'm currently working on an management interface of users and statistics and I'm getting some trouble to handle "live" datas.

I understood that you can't get a userlist from a room you're not in but on my interface I have to show online players on each room and details of their user vars. I think the only way is to create a serverside function but I don't know how to write this function.

I already wrote some extensions to handle sql request but here I just want to get the userList of each room and the way to get their variables. Thanks for help, I try to learn sfs step by step.

(btw sorry if I made some english mistakes)
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 25 Oct 2011, 17:18

Hello,

The best approach for doing this is creating your own serverside logic and get the client to manually request the userlist data instead of it being automatic because of bandwidth considerations.

On serverside, you would populate a list of users and their required variables and send it back to the client upon request using server's sendResponse method.

You would then receive this list via client's onExtensionResponse.
Smartfox's forum is my daily newspaper.

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”