Limbo room and user variables question

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Fishypants

Limbo room and user variables question

Postby Fishypants » 08 Mar 2011, 20:37

Hey guys, so I have a "Login" limbo room, where the user can log in, pick a character and a bunch of user variables get set then it joins the main "Lobby" room and loads a new scene.

I have read some things about limbo rooms and setting user variables, and some weirdness with it. The issue I am having is I am setting user variables in a limbo room, and it gives me a WARNING! message in Unity that user variables were set for an unknown user . . . but it still sets them correctly, at least from the admin panel it updates them correctly. I am setting the values server side as opposed to having the client set them.

My questions are:
1) Should I just ignore the warning message if the values are actually updated in the admin panel correctly?

2) Does it make a difference setting user variables in a limbo room server side, and setting them through the client?

Thanks!
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 09 Mar 2011, 07:33

You probably are getting the warning because the server does not send any user variable updates to users in a limbo room. The reason for this is a limbo is designed to handle thousands of clients concurrently hence events and properties are minimized.
Smartfox's forum is my daily newspaper.

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”