{{ Flash CS3 API available }}

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Lapo
Site Admin

{{ Flash CS3 API available }}

Postby Lapo » 15 May 2007, 17:23

Hello everyone,
we've released a new update for the AS 3.0 API which includes both Flash CS 3 and Flex Builder 2 packages.

Download by clicking here

Little side note: we had a very hard time with the latest Extension Manager coming with the latest CS3 edition. For some reasons it seems that a few things have changed since the last version and our old MXI files didn't work anymore. We literally spent many hours trying to create a working MXP for CS3 with no luck :( At the moment the CS3 APIs aren't packaged in a fancy MXP installer file.

We decided to release them anyways since a lot of developers were asking them and we'll check the Extension Manager issue at a later time. Also, by avoiding the MXP format, it eliminates the .aso caching problems
:)
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Tom

Postby Tom » 16 May 2007, 03:25

aw someone's gonna have me up all night now :) thought i was going to sleep. now i'm going to play :P

thank you sir
DallasNYC

Postby DallasNYC » 27 May 2007, 19:53

So will this work with the Basic version of SmartFoxSever as well?

If not, will there be a AS3 class for the basic version?

Thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 27 May 2007, 19:57

yes, works with Basic and Pro
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

chichilatte

Postby chichilatte » 29 Aug 2007, 16:09

thank you!

but...

This package isn't available in the main download files, but i think it should be. I've just spent a few orrible hours locating and testing quite a few it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver libraries, and the one on this page was the only one that could be compiled in Flash CS3.

cheers though, hopefully i can make a beautiful game now i've got it working!
cksachdev

Postby cksachdev » 13 Sep 2007, 10:19

Please provide the list of methods with there working for Flash CS3. Or is there any editor which can help in viewing the methods associated with objects.

Din found any documentation of that.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 13 Sep 2007, 11:54

Chapter 4.5 of the docs
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

flarb

Postby flarb » 18 Oct 2007, 00:18

For some reason, I can't get Flash CS3 to import the Room and User class. Is there a problem with Smartfox's AS3 package somehow?

I import the classes like so:

import it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.*

But it complains that Room and User can't be found as a compile-time constant. And naturally it flips out if I try and directly reference the Room object inside the event params.
flarb

Postby flarb » 18 Oct 2007, 01:15

Ok I'm talking to myself--but hey, I got it to work by explicitly importing the class...it won't work if I just use the asterisk. Maybe my ActionScript kung-fu isn't that great.

One weird thing is when I call getUserList, the Array returned can't be referenced with braces (like array[2]) and the length count is wrong. It just keeps increasing--like the first time I get the user list, length is 1...each successive run of the app it will return a longer length. But if I try to access the array with braces it returns a null object.

Anyway--if I call pop, I get a valid user object.

Weird.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 18 Oct 2007, 07:13

Ok I'm talking to myself--but hey, I got it to work by explicitly importing the class...it won't work if I just use the asterisk. Maybe my ActionScript kung-fu isn't that great.

The User class is located in the it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.data package, so you should import that as well.

One weird thing is when I call getUserList, the Array returned can't be referenced with braces (like array[2]) and the length count is wrong. It just keeps increasing--like the first time I get the user list, length is 1...each successive run of the app it will return a longer length. But if I try to access the array with braces it returns a null object.

I think your question is very similar to this -> viewtopic.php?t=1765
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

flarb

Postby flarb » 18 Oct 2007, 17:53

Aha!!!

Yes, thanks for directing me to that thread, it all makes sense now!
Robotsnot

problem running published files

Postby Robotsnot » 04 Dec 2007, 09:39

Hi

The template.fla works fine with my local smartfox pro server when I use "test movie" inside Flash CS3. But if I publish it and try to run it in a browser or in flashplayer it seems I cannot connect to the server (no message in the textfield). I don't have a firewall and the server setting "AutoSendPolicyFile" is set to true. I've tried to use both 127.0.0.1 and my computers ip-number and still get the same result. The AS2 examples bundled with smartfox works fine both in Flash CS3, flashplayer and browser.

Got any ideas of what could be wrong?
Robotsnot

solved it

Postby Robotsnot » 04 Dec 2007, 10:03

even though it was a local server the local playback security option in flash publish settings had to be set to "access network only" instead of "access local files only".
fire

Lite Version?

Postby fire » 23 Dec 2007, 19:07

does this work with the light version too?
Fire Preibisch
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 24 Dec 2007, 07:26

no, Basic and Pro only
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”