RedBox Red5 Version Upgrade

Post your questions and bug-reports about the audio/video streaming add-on based on Red5 Media Server.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Xfer83

RedBox Red5 Version Upgrade

Postby Xfer83 » 05 May 2010, 18:25

I am interested in upgrading my RedBox Red5 server in order to use Xuggler as part of a SmartFoxServer project I am working on.

I attempted to upgrade to Red5 0.9.
I followed the suggested instructions here:
http://www.smartfoxserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3789
but this generated the following error:

Code: Select all

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/red5/server/Standalone
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.red5.server.Standalone
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
Could not find the main class: org.red5.server.Standalone.  Program will exit.

I believe this is because later versions of red5.jar don't use org.red5.server.Standalone

I'd really like to get this working, but so far I haven't been able.
Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 07 May 2010, 20:22

I am not familiar with Xuggler.

I believe this is because later versions of red5.jar don't use org.red5.server.Standalone

This is possible, although strange. Anyways you should copy not only the jar files but also the start script (which usually sets the classpath), this way you ensure that the launcher is the right one.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
projuri

Postby projuri » 27 May 2010, 07:13

I'm trying to update red5(0.9.1) on SmartFoxServer 1.6.6 and it's not that simple as it's described here.

I've copied lib's, red5.jar, boot.jar.
Because of configuration problems I had to copy also 'conf' directory.

After that I got the following exceptions:

[INFO] [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine - Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.24
[INFO] [main] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[red5Engine].[0.0.0.0].[/SFS_RedBox] - Set web app root system property: '/SFS_RedBox' = [/root/temp/SFS
_Pro_1.6.6/Server/RedBox/webapps/SFS_RedBox/]
[INFO] [main] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[red5Engine].[0.0.0.0].[/SFS_RedBox] - Initializing log4j from [/root/temp/SFS_Pro_1.6.6/Server/RedBox/w
ebapps/SFS_RedBox/WEB-INF/log4j.properties]
[ERROR] [main] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[red5Engine].[0.0.0.0].[/SFS_RedBox] - Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance
 of class org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/PropertyConfigurator
        at org.springframework.util.Log4jConfigurer.initLogging(Log4jConfigurer.java:72) [spring-core-3.0.0.jar:3.0.0.RELEASE]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.6.0_18]
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) [na:1.6.0_18]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) [na:1.6.0_18]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) [na:1.6.0_18]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) [na:1.6.0_18]

another one:

[ERROR] [main] org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Unable to initialize group definition. Group resource name [classpath*:red5.xml], factory key [default.context]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'red5.common' defined in URL [file:/root/temp/SFS_Pro_1.6.6/Server/RedBox/conf/red5.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'warDeployService' defined in class path resource [red5-common.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: org.quartz.ObjectAlreadyExistsException: Unable to store Job with name: 'ScheduledJob_0' and group: 'DEFAULT', because one already exists with this identification.
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.access.SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.useBeanFactory(SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:389) [spring-beans-3.0.0.jar:3.0.0.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.loadParentContext(ContextLoader.java:343) [spring-web-3.0.0.jar:3.0.0.RELEASE]
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'red5.common' defined in URL [file:/root/temp/SFS_Pro_1.6.6
/Server/RedBox/conf/red5.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate
bean class [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.
factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'warDeployService' defined in class path resource [red5-common.xml]: Invocation of init method f
EFAULT', because one already exists with this identification.

Has anyone succeeded in updating red5 and what version?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 02 Jun 2010, 06:22

Hi,
I am sorry but at the moment I am not able to help. We'll update Red5 in our RedBox in a future release but at the moment there's nothing planned.

I find it strange to see references to Tomcat in your errors... do the latest version of Red5 use Tomcat?? I didn't expect that since Red5 was already embedding Jetty
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “RedBox”