red5 disconnect user for too much inactivity

Post your questions and bug-reports about the audio/video streaming add-on based on Red5 Media Server.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

rjgtav

Re: red5 disconnect user for too much inactivity

Postby rjgtav » 04 Mar 2013, 21:09

Hello,

Well, it's kind of difficult to find the issue here.. Obviously it is something to do with Red5 disconnecting users for being idle.. If I'm not mistaken on the link I provided it had a setting there for how long to wait before disconnecting the user. Can you check it?
Good luck with that newer version.

Thanks
Skills: SFS Pro, SFS2X, AS2.0/AS3.0, Java, HTML5/CSS3/JS, C#
Portfolio: https://rjgtav.wordpress.com/
SFS Tutorials: http://sfs-tutor.blogspot.com/ - Discontinued. Some examples may be bugged.
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 04 Mar 2013, 22:02

yes, i have watch also the people that say to increase the activity settings (and i have test it with 300000 of inactivity) but it don't resolve the problem.. the strange thing is that sometimes i read the error log closing connection due to inactivity but in my test it close me the connection without give an error log... like a normal disconnection i read, i don't know if is because maybe i have a second of slow connection maybe redbox need a very stable connection i don't know..
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 06 Mar 2013, 01:15

I have try to run red5 0.9.1 final version with the sfs_redbox but without success :( i have read also that the older version of red5 (0.6.3) with java 7 works bad and users are sad because they lost connection when they start a webcam for 10/30minutes.. i'm trying a lot of version but without success, i can't do nothing for have smartfox 1x with a stable version of redbox? (if it can be useful when i build the swf i use the 10.0.1 version of flash player)
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 06 Mar 2013, 10:40

Hi ^^ i have try with 0.9.1 version (by insert the sfs_redbox folder into webapps) in my local server (so there isn't problem of bandwidth) and it work more good of 0.6.3 (i remain connected like 1 hour instead of 10/20min) but why it disconnect from red5?now i'm trying with increase again the max inactivity also in this version but is really a problem of red5? or i can adjust it like changing the java version (returning to java 6) or build the chat with flashplayer 9 (that was default of your example)? thx for answer hope to find a solution ^^

(if it can help i remained always connection to sfs for like 5 hour and then i have read in the log a normal chat:close so no inactivity problem..)

edit: no is random, i'm getting disconnection in 15/20min now :(

edit edit: i have try to run the swf without html page and after 20min i get the error message a/v error and then when i try to click to open cam i get this error from the client:

Error: Red5 connection not available

but the red5 server is up and running... i have try with the sfs pro version downloaded from the site without patch nothing and by using java6.. can you try to run the chat a/v and see if you get disconnect too after 20min/1 hour? thx ^^
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 06 Mar 2013, 22:50

I'm trying to launch example with ip 127.0.0.1 (i tested before with lan computer and all the tested failed in 20 min /1 hour) with 2 application on the same machine. Now it seems to work perfectly (with 2 smartfox chat a/v in the same pc of the server) and no disconnection happens..(for the moment there aren't error in 40 minutes). So what can be the cause when i try to connect two webcam from another computer? thx for answer ^^

edit: Ok i have open 2 swf of smartfox chat av in my computer with the server and connected each other with webcam, and i have open another 2 swf (one in the same machine of the server and one in other machine connected via lan).
The result was that only the swf in other machine being disconnected from red5.. What can be the cause? i have dmz with all ports opened, the strange thing is that it being disconnected when i move mouse and work with this machine.. maybe if i set real time priority to red5 can be useful?
rjgtav

Postby rjgtav » 08 Mar 2013, 14:09

Hello, sorry for the delay.

Can you give the following details regarding your test on the lan so that I can try it?

- Whether you're using the official example or not. And if it is an AS2 example or an AS3 example;
- SFS Version
- Red5's Version
- Server's host OS and architecture (32 or 64 bits) - by server's host I mean the machine which is running SFS
- Client's host OS and architecture (32 or 64 bits) - by client's host I mean the machine which is connecting to SFS, which is on the same LAN

Thanks
SFS Tutorials: http://sfs-tutor.blogspot.com/ - Discontinued. Some examples may be bugged.
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 08 Mar 2013, 15:20

No problem :D

I'm using the as3 smartfox a/v chat example (but this happen also with smartfox video conference as3 example)
SFS 1.6.9
red5 0.6.3 (the one that was distribuited with smartfox)
server host: intel core i3 3.20ghz (dual core) 4gb ram 64bit (windows 7)
client host: intel celeron cpu e3500 2.70ghz 2.70ghz 4gb ram 64bit (windows 7)

server use java 7 1.7.0
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 09 Mar 2013, 17:50

Another info that i can give is that user can have more than 1 private with webcam (so in red5 a single ip stream the same webcam to more users), it can be a problem with red5 0.6.3? i don't reach the max bandwidth so isn't a bandwidth problem... i want know why in the task manager of our real server the bandwidth usage (with like 100 users) is only 3/4 or 5% max..
rjgtav

Postby rjgtav » 10 Mar 2013, 23:29

Ok, thank you.
I'll try to test this as soon as possible this week, probably on tuesday or wednesday, as I'm having an exam this tuesday.

supermk88 wrote:Another info that i can give is that user can have more than 1 private with webcam (so in red5 a single ip stream the same webcam to more users), it can be a problem with red5 0.6.3? i don't reach the max bandwidth so isn't a bandwidth problem... i want know why in the task manager of our real server the bandwidth usage (with like 100 users) is only 3/4 or 5% max..

Well, Windows' Task Manager shows the percentage of the network's adapter maximum speed, which isn't the same as the internet bandwidth.
What you can do is monitor on the task manager the download and upload speeds, don't forget to first convert your bandwidth to MBs (megabytes per second), and then check how near the maximum is your current speed.
I suggest you to use a better tool than the default task manager, like BitMeter OS, which provides you with useful graphs of the download and upload speeds over time.
An important note is that the upload speed is always much smaller than the download maximum speed. You can get an idea of your upload speed by running a speed test, like on speedtest.net, with only the browser online.

Hope this helps
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 12 Mar 2013, 00:34

Hi and thx for the program now i try it in the server :D my brother have try with some friends the cam and is true that they are disconnected but the problem is why.. I have try to run the red5 1.0 rc1 (but i don't think is a red5 problem).
In a certain moment he say that the user webcam become very slow and then like an image blocked, after this that user try to send a pvt to another user and the cam being disconnected. Another user see all the web page blocked (like a plugin error i think) and then it being disconnected from all.

I have publish the example with flex builder 3 with new flash api and redbox as3.swc and with the required version of flash 10.0.3

Can be a problem of flex?
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 12 Mar 2013, 00:55

Ok i have launch speedtest and it say 92megabit/s of download speed and 70megabit/s of upload speed. Then i have launch with megabyte settings and it say 11.5MB/s of download and 8.6 MB/s of upload. I have try with 10 webcam opened and it say a maximum of 200 kB/s of upload and 30/40 kB/s of download so i don't think is a bandwidth problem..

edit: can be a problem of user that open more than 1 webcam and make problem to all the chat? i want know if can be the cause before change the script for allow only 1 webcam :P
rjgtav

Postby rjgtav » 12 Mar 2013, 16:07

Hello,

Yes it is normal that the speeds decrease a lot when downloading and uploading data. If it drops to ony 200kb/s I'd say that you're pratically reaching the maximum of your bandwidth, but please confirrm with the tool the download and upload speeds you're having. If they're around the maximum (11.5MB/s download and 8.6MB/s upload), then I'm afraid the server isn't able to handle much more.

If the application started to become slow and crashed FlashPlayer, it's because probably your application is having some memory leak issues, where basically it keeps using more and more RAM until the computer runs out of it. I'd suggest you to monitor your application first on task manager to see if the memory keeps increasing indefinitely.

If it is having problems clearing the memory, I suggest you to debug your code, and profile your application so that you can find out what is causing the leak.
I'll try to test tomorrow one of the official examples connected both computers 1 webcam each through LAN for the entire day.
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 12 Mar 2013, 23:57

Hi thx for answer, no is exact the opposite thing We have reach a maximum off 400 kbps in upload and less in download, the maximum is 8.6 mb/s in upload and 11.5 in download so is a lot far from this ^^
For the second question i don't know why happen, i have test myself the application to all day (without open webcam) and i don't receive crash so i think is a problem related with webcam. I have notice (with flex debug) that i have make an error, i allow to send private message request by clicking a button that after send it don't disable so some user can always click to send me a lot of request and maybe slow my client (but now i fixed it), i have also upgraded the flex sdk to final version with flash player 11 and tomorrow i try to publish this new application.

Thx i wait your response of your testing :)
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 13 Mar 2013, 13:46

Ok i have finally see what happen to users, i have test with all browser to log into the chat, all is normal i remain like 5/6 hours connected without problem, but then i have try to start private windows with webcam and i get the famous error that happen when client lose connection from red5 (and then i must open again the browser for reconnect). This is happen with red5 1.0 rc1 now i try with the default version that give smartfox

(if you can try not only to connect the webcam but also remain in the chat for like 5 hours and after that try to connect the webcam with private windows :P)

Ah this happen with only 50 users in all the chat (so i don't think that my client lost connection for low bandwidth of the server).

edit: Ok i have put the old red5 server it seems work good (about 4 hours without disconnections from redbox). If some user crash again is possible that the cause is the codec used by avcastmanager that need a fast connection to see the webcam? (i have 11mbit of bandwidth some user use the usb key that give less internet speed)
supermk88

Postby supermk88 » 13 Mar 2013, 23:16

I have test again for 5 hours and now it make an error when i tryed to start the webcam in private chat windows after 5 hours because i lost (don't know when) the connection to red5, but not to smartfox or to internet..

Return to “RedBox”