Installing SmartFoxBits Licensed Version

Everything about the SmartFoxBits UI Components for SmartFoxServer 1.x. Post your questions, suggestions and bug reports.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

jht

Installing SmartFoxBits Licensed Version

Postby jht » 08 Jun 2010, 13:30

Hello,

We have purchased SmartFoxBits and have received a license. I have looked through the forums and through the installation instructions but I cannot seem to find anything that specifically states how to import the new license and the licensed documentation/examples.

Currently we are running SmartFoxServer Pro 1.6.6 on a CentOS 4.8 box. I assume all I would have to do is overwrite the free license in the SmartFox directory with the paid one and replace the SmartFoxBits directory inside of my SmartFox install with the paid version.

Could anyone verify this or give specific information on how to do this. I do not want to hose the server.

Thanks
jht

Postby jht » 09 Jun 2010, 18:41

I also replaced license.sfl into /Server and the service would not restart. Also are there different licenses between 32bit and 64 bit?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 10 Jun 2010, 07:25

You are making some confusion between the SmartFoxServer license and the SmartFoxBits one.
As it regards the Bits, simply download the retail version using the link you received by email, and install them on your client. That's all. The server is not involved in this.

As it regards the SFS license, you probably sent the wrong IP address when submitting your order. Please contact us by email to solve this.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SmartFoxBits for SFS 1.x”