Passing existing SmartFox instance to ChatBox

Everything about the SmartFoxBits UI Components for SmartFoxServer 1.x. Post your questions, suggestions and bug reports.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Biff_Cornwall

Passing existing SmartFox instance to ChatBox

Postby Biff_Cornwall » 28 Oct 2009, 19:18

I was looking through the documentation and I don't see anywhere where I can pass (or set) an already existing instance of SmartFox to the ChatBox component. We want to be able to use it for private chatting between players, but they will already be connect to smartfox and in a room before they get the option to do that. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing? If not, how does the ChatBox send messages back and forth, with no reference to SmartFox? Do we have to use the Connector component before we can use the ChatBox?

Thanks,
Biff
cksachdev

Postby cksachdev » 31 Oct 2009, 19:27

@Biff_Cornwall
ChatBox, uses an instance of Connector.smartFox to communicate with sfs. Yes, you will have to use Connector, so that ChatBox can connect to sfs. Could you please mention which version of bits you are looking i.e. flash/flex and as2 or as3.

Hope this helps.
--
Chetan Sachdev
Site: http://www.chetansachdev.com
Biff_Cornwall

Postby Biff_Cornwall » 02 Nov 2009, 21:03

cksachdev,

Thanks for the reply. We're using the Flash AS3 SmartFoxBits base pack. We've purchased the source code, so I've modified it to allow us to set an already existing SmartFox instance as the instance that should be used by the ChatBox. Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it!

Biff

Return to “SmartFoxBits for SFS 1.x”