Component missing

Everything about the SmartFoxBits UI Components for SmartFoxServer 1.x. Post your questions, suggestions and bug reports.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

dal01

Component missing

Postby dal01 » 12 Aug 2009, 17:52

I´ve installed smartfox bits, it is showing in Adobe extension manager cs4. But, when I open Flash Cs 4 it doesn´t show the components at components window.
I restarted the computer already and nothing happen.

Both SmartFoxBits Community Edition Pack - Free - , and SmartFoxBits Components Flash Help are activated in extension manager.

Thanks in advance.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 13 Aug 2009, 06:29

If you installed Actionscript 2 version of SFBits and then start an Actionscript 3 project, or if you installed Actionscript 3 version and then start an Actionscript 2 project, then the components won't be visible in the Components panel. Make sure you are using the right version of SmartFoxBits.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
psychopixel

Postby psychopixel » 22 Feb 2011, 08:26

I've the same problem. I checked the version, I also tried to open an As2 fla but nothing appear. I see the extension in the extension manager but not in flash. I'm using flash cs5, I've downloaded the smartfox 2x version. I also looked in the flash directory but I can't find nothing regarding smartfox.
Any suggestion?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 22 Feb 2011, 09:46

Yes, there can be a language issue.
Instead of installing the Bits by double-clicking on the mxp file, open Flash CS5 and go to the Help menu, then select "Manage extensions..".
When the Extension Manager pops up, click on the "Install" button and navigate the folders to the mxp file.
That should work.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
psychopixel

Postby psychopixel » 22 Feb 2011, 09:51

thank you! this way it works!!!

Return to “SmartFoxBits for SFS 1.x”