mxmlc with AS3 only option?

Everything about the SmartFoxBits UI Components for SmartFoxServer 1.x. Post your questions, suggestions and bug reports.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

obsesif

mxmlc with AS3 only option?

Postby obsesif » 10 May 2009, 12:08

I am using AS3 with the command-line compiler mxmlc and would like to use the components. As the source-pricing is tripple the price as for one site, it's waste for money to buy only to be able to include them in my only-command-line-compile environment. I tried to use then trough the supplied .swc, but it reports

Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ChatBox.

how can i implement the components in my project without buying the triple-priced sources? I am going to buy the one-site license, but if that also tells me that the definitions are missing, it would be a waste of budget for me.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 11 May 2009, 08:16

Are you sure about the classpath?
Are you creating an instance of the ChatBox only? Or instances of the other components too?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
obsesif

Postby obsesif » 11 May 2009, 17:50

i've included the swc file in build.xml, e.g.:
< arg line="-compiler.include-libraries bin/spicelib-core-1.1.0.swc bin/spicelib-logging-1.1.0.swc bin/as3base64.swc bin/as3crypto.swc bin/MinimalComps.swc bin/SmartFoxBits_BasePack_CE.swc"/>

and tried to implement the examples from flex version, without using the mxmlc layout. i tried to create an instance of ChatBox.
is the flex swc compatible with only-as3 (e.g. flex sdk) developing?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 12 May 2009, 13:07

We have no experience in command line compiling, as we use Flex Builder.
Anyway we've found this link that may be useful. If you drop us an email we can send the configuration file for one of the examples provided with the Bits, so you can test it and try adapting it to your needs.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SmartFoxBits for SFS 1.x”