CS4 + SmartFoxBits + UserList = Memory Leak

Everything about the SmartFoxBits UI Components for SmartFoxServer 1.x. Post your questions, suggestions and bug reports.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

jsimpson

CS4 + SmartFoxBits + UserList = Memory Leak

Postby jsimpson » 21 Feb 2009, 05:34

Howdy,

I'm attempting to test out using the SmartFoxBits community pack to see how useful they would be. I am currently using Flash CS4, and have experienced a repeatable error regarding the User List in the bits package.

All components work, drop on stage, and appear and resize correctly except the user list. When running a test it logs in fine and joins room/chats ok. The moment a user list is dropped on stage flash jumps from 160mb ram, to 220mb. It then proceeds to count up until it is using a full 1.8gigs of ram and at which point flash locks up.

Has there been any other users of CS4 who have experienced similar? Thanks.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 24 Feb 2009, 09:34

We are investigating the problem and we will let you know as soon as possible.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
cksachdev

Postby cksachdev » 26 Feb 2009, 02:59

@jsimpson:
Could you please share your fla file.
ealiensoft

Postby ealiensoft » 02 Apr 2009, 10:17

I am having this same issue, even with the lobby example that comes with smartbits. Any idea on when a fix for this will be posted? Also, when you drop the userlist onto the stage, it doesn't show up correctly either. It shows up all funky looking, like you are trying to edit it. It shows multiple text input boxes and things like that instead of the actual userlist.
cksachdev

Postby cksachdev » 03 Apr 2009, 05:08

@ealiensoft
could you please share the following:
1. fla file
2. swf file
3. Flash Player version you are using
4. Authoring version Flash CS3 or Flash CS4

ealiensoft wrote:I am having this same issue, even with the lobby example that comes with smartbits. Any idea on when a fix for this will be posted? Also, when you drop the userlist onto the stage, it doesn't show up correctly either. It shows up all funky looking, like you are trying to edit it. It shows multiple text input boxes and things like that instead of the actual userlist.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 03 Apr 2009, 06:49

I tested the SmartFoxBits in Flash CS4 (v10.0) on a Mac computer.
I can confirm that opening the existing examples causes the UserList to be messed up at author-time, while if I drag it from the Library to the stage I just get an empty movieclip.
In both cases, when running the application (compiled for both FP9 and FP10), everything works fine and no quirks show up.
We will further investigate this.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
ealiensoft

Postby ealiensoft » 03 Apr 2009, 21:33

Hi, I am using cs4. The flash file I was using is the example that comes with smartfoxbits, the lobby example. I have cs3 installed as well ,and that fla works on cs3, but not on cs4. Very wierd :)
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 08 Apr 2009, 12:00

A new version of SmartFoxBits Base Pack was released: http://www.smartfoxserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4856
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SmartFoxBits for SFS 1.x”