Bit's doesn't work if you don't have roomlist

Everything about the SmartFoxBits UI Components for SmartFoxServer 1.x. Post your questions, suggestions and bug reports.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

warhell

Bit's doesn't work if you don't have roomlist

Postby warhell » 01 May 2008, 01:04

I'm making a lobby, in the lobby I have a chatbox and userlist. I don't want a roomlist in my lobby, users will invite other players to a game by clicking on their name and "challenging" them. It look slike the chatbox component won't work unless the roomlist component is on the stage. Is there anyway to get around this?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 May 2008, 08:15

No, this is incorrect.
All the Bits depend on the Connector component only, not one on each other. So the ChatBox works without the RoomList being on the stage.
The component is initialized and enabled as soon as a room is joined. If this doesn't work for you, it probably depends on the fact that you are joining the room before the ChatBox is instantiated.
Last edited by Bax on 05 May 2008, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 May 2008, 08:26

An update on this.
We checked the "Lobby" example which comes with the SmartFoxBits package, and you are right: if the RoomList is removed, the ChatBox doesn't seems to work.
The reason is simple: the RoomList component takes care of auto-joining a room as soon as it is initialized; so, if you remove it, no room is joined and you have to do it manually. In this case, after the successful joining, the ChatBox will work as expected.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
warhell

Postby warhell » 05 May 2008, 19:57

Thanks a lot for the info! Really helped out, is there any documentation I can read up on that gives me a nice summary of how things are initialized/started in smartfoxbits? I just finished a small game with it and it really helped speed up the process, really enjoying the product!

Thanks again!
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 May 2008, 20:42

All the SmartFoxBits docs can be found here: http://www.smartfoxserver.com/bits/docs.php

Glad you appreciate the product. We hope we will be able to release the as3 version in the next months.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SmartFoxBits for SFS 1.x”