Hiding rooms in RoomList based on room variables

Everything about the SmartFoxBits UI Components for SmartFoxServer 1.x. Post your questions, suggestions and bug reports.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

jademyr

Hiding rooms in RoomList based on room variables

Postby jademyr » 03 May 2007, 20:39

Is there a way to hide specific rooms from the RoomList component based on (for example) a room variable?

What i want to do is: Hide game rooms where a game has been started, is mid-game and doesn't accept new/more players to join.

Of course i can use maxPlayers. But i want a game to be able to begin without the maximum limit reached. And also if a player leaves mid-game i don't want new players to join the ongoing game.

If i could hide mid-game rooms from the RoomList or could catch/stop the joinRoom event before it happens i could avoid this.

Is this possible with the SmartFoxBits or do i have to make a new component?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 04 May 2007, 07:41

Hi jademyr.
This is a very specific feature which is not supported by the RoomList component. The best way to achieve this would be to develop custom serverside logic. SmartFoxServer serverside framework lets you do this, but you have to check examples and documentation.
Otherwise you can purchase the "unlimited + sources" SmartFoxBits license, in order to modify the source files and add your custom logic.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
jademyr

Postby jademyr » 04 May 2007, 07:46

Ok, I'll just have to purchase a license then.

Thanks for the quick reply and a great product. :D
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 04 May 2007, 07:55

What you could try is also modify the roomlist dataprovider manually, to hide/show rooms when certain events are fired.
The list inside our SmartFoxBit component is essentially the mCOM List component, that can be accessed using the .roomsList property. You can refer to the mCOM documentation to understand how to manipulate the List dataprovider to add/remove items. This is a little tricky, so we can't predict if it could cause problems to the SmartFoxBits RoomList component.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 04 May 2007, 08:07

jademyr wrote:Ok, I'll just have to purchase a license then.

Thanks for the quick reply and a great product. :D

If you need some advice on where you could add your custom logic in the source file, just contact us.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Rashomon

Postby Rashomon » 16 Aug 2011, 18:37

bax wrote:Hi jademyr.
This is a very specific feature which is not supported by the RoomList component. The best way to achieve this would be to develop custom serverside logic. SmartFoxServer serverside framework lets you do this, but you have to check examples and documentation.
Otherwise you can purchase the "unlimited + sources" SmartFoxBits license, in order to modify the source files and add your custom logic.

I'm in the same boat as jademyr. However, my company just bought the Standard version of Bits, and I don't think they will spring for the Source Code version.

Can someone point me to the appropriate examples for developing custom serverside logic?

Return to “SmartFoxBits for SFS 1.x”