Can you give us a cocos2d-x example or Xcode example?

Post here your questions about the C++ API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax, MBagnati

painache

Can you give us a cocos2d-x example or Xcode example?

Postby painache » 17 Mar 2013, 18:03

Hi, SmartFoxServer Team.
Thank you for the C++ client API, you promise it and you give us it, but...if there is a cocos2d-x example or Xcode example, then everything will be OK. We can test it on a real project to report bugs or something else to make the API more stronger.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Can you give us a cocos2d-x example or Xcode example?

Postby Lapo » 18 Mar 2013, 09:21

Hi,
at the moment we don't have examples for cocos2D/XCode, we're still working on the API and each IDE / Platform and OS has his own requirements and settings that are different from others.

We already provide instructions on how to compile the sources on several IDEs under Windows and we plan to provide generic instructions on how to compile with make/gcc under MacOSX and Linux.

Given the innumerable amount of IDEs and platform combinations that are possible with C++, we won't be able to cover them all. You will have to know the basics of your favorite IDE and how to import the compiled libraries.

Once the API will reach the release-candidate phase we'll provide new examples for mobile developers. Cocos2D is on top of our list.

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 21 Mar 2013, 10:40

We just published an updated API package. Now the API can be compiled under Linux/Unix systems too.
Detailed compilation instructions are available here: http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Gettin ... pi-setup-3
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Mazyod

Postby Mazyod » 01 Apr 2013, 12:11

I'll look into the new C++ API, and work on an open-source example project with cocos2d-x, because I really need it, too. If I ever end up doing it, I'll be sure to post back here with more details.

Oh, and for the SFS guys, you're more than welcome to throw ideas and suggestion on how the example would suit your needs, so then, maybe you can just use it in your docs. Anyways, let me first look into it, and see what comes up.

Ok, so it turns out to be early for me to be able to work on that example. By downloading the API on Mac, and running

Code: Select all

./bootstrap.sh
, I keep getting permission denied on

./tools/build/v2/engine/build.sh
. Sudo, chown, and the lot didn't help... I guess I'll wait for someone to figure this out.
MBagnati

Postby MBagnati » 02 Apr 2013, 09:28

Hi,
in [api_folder]/Core/BoostAsio/Unix folder, before type bootstrap.sh command, try the follow statement

chmod -R a+rwx+X ./

to set the read, write and execution permissions for all files.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 Apr 2013, 15:49

Please check this post: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=15891
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SFS2X C++ API”