iOS front camera

Post your questions and bug-reports about our audio/video streaming add-on based on Red5 Server.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

levintoh

iOS front camera

Postby levintoh » 07 Apr 2015, 08:09

Hi all,

I have gotten video conferencing working, using the examples provided and implementing them in flash cs6.

however, the video will not stream, if i switch it to the front camera. I have did a trace, and it actually detected user enter, user publish cast.

Once i switch it to the back camera, the video streams fine. Both are using the exact same coding, other than the one that changes them to either the front or back.

Does anybody knows anything about this?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: iOS front camera

Postby Lapo » 07 Apr 2015, 09:25

You're using Adobe AIR, I suppose. Right?
Maybe they have some specific documentation on how to get the stream from either cameras?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
levintoh

Postby levintoh » 07 Apr 2015, 09:37

Hi Lapo,

thanks for the really quick reply!

We are able to get the stream from the front camera, and it is displaying fine on the ipad itself, but on the receiving end, even though we received notification on user publishing cast, there is nothing being displayed.

Once we switch to the back camera, the stream is being displayed again.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 07 Apr 2015, 09:56

Hi,
I have no experience with streaming from iOS using Air. It sounds like a problem from Air itself.
You could check the bandwidth from client (iPad) to server to see if the server is actually receiving any data. This at least could tell you if the client is really streaming when the front camera is engaged.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “RedBox 2X”