NoSuchMethodError on calling getClipList()...please help

Post your questions and bug-reports about our audio/video streaming add-on based on Red5 Server.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

jboyer

NoSuchMethodError on calling getClipList()...please help

Postby jboyer » 21 Sep 2012, 18:04

Hello, I have noticed an error in my server log lately and am having a hard time tracking it down. I have figured out that it occurs when the getClipList is called by the client after joining a room. The error is consistant and prevents clips from being played. It does allow clips to be recorded and the appropriate files are created in the streams folder however the success or fail event is never fired on the client after a recorded clip is submitted.

Here is the stack trace from the server log and this is the only error I am seeing in that area:

19 Sep 2012 | 15:43:19,978 | WARN | com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController-4 | v2.controllers.ExtensionController | |
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.smartfoxserver.v2.entities.data.SFSObject.newFromJsonData(Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/smartfoxserver/v2/entities/data/SFSObject;
com.smartfoxserver.v2.redbox.managers.AVClipManager.handleClipListRequest(AVClipManager.java:193)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.redbox.managers.AVClipManager.handleClientRequest(AVClipManager.java:128)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.redbox.handlers.AVClipHandler.handleClientRequest(AVClipHandler.java:18)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.extensions.SFSExtension.handleClientRequest(SFSExtension.java:192)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController.processRequest(ExtensionController.java:133)
com.smartfoxserver.bitswarm.controllers.AbstractController.run(AbstractController.java:96)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The server is a windows 32bit server running sfs2x 2.3.0 with redbox2x and the red5 that came with redbox2x package. I have verified my extension is extending redbox and it is initialized correctly. In my extension this error fires as soon as the joinroom event is finished and the client calls getcliplist() function.

Any Ideas as to why I am getting this error? Also the extension has not been modified lately and was working fine up to about 1-2 weeks ago. The only change lately I have made is the upgrade to 2.3.0 of sfs2x however I am fairly sure it was doing this before that.

Thank you for any help you can provide in this matter.
Bax
Site Admin

Re: NoSuchMethodError on calling getClipList()...please help

Postby Bax » 24 Sep 2012, 12:17

Thank you for reporting.
We simply had to recompile the RedBox Extension due to some changes in the SFS2X core.
Please download the updated RedBox from this page: http://www.smartfoxserver.com/download/sfs2x#p=extras
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
huhailong

Postby huhailong » 10 Nov 2012, 00:57

when i click Zone Configurator , occur following error :
53229238 [pool-1-thread-3] INFO com.smartfoxserver.v2.api.SFSApi - User login: { Zone: --=={{{ AdminZone }}}==-- }, ( User Name: sfsadmin, Id: 7, Priv: 0, Sess: 192.168.1.164:55522 ) , Type: FlashPlayer:PlugIn:WIN 11,3,300,262
53246346 [com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController-1] WARN com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController -
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.smartfoxserver.v2.entities.data.SFSObject.newFromJsonData(Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/smartfoxserver/v2/entities/data/ISFSObject;
com.smartfoxserver.v2.admin.handlers.ServerConfigModuleReqHandler.handleClientRequest(ServerConfigModuleReqHandler.java:117)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.extensions.SFSExtension.handleClientRequest(SFSExtension.java:192)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController.processRequest(ExtensionController.java:133)
com.smartfoxserver.bitswarm.controllers.AbstractController.run(AbstractController.java:96)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

how to resolve this issue ? thanks.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 10 Nov 2012, 16:56

The SFSObject.newFromJsonData method underwent a slight change in the signature: it returns an ISFSObject instead of SFSObject (in other words it's now returning the supertype).

All you need to do is to make sure you downloaded the latest version of the RedBox and recompile your Extension code using the 2.3.0 sfs2x.jar. When you do so the IDE will show you a compilation error that can be solved by swapping the two types (ISFSObject instead of SFSObject)
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
tantanix

Postby tantanix » 29 Mar 2013, 14:01

Hi,

I'm getting the same error, but it's not Redbox related. I figured this is related to the Openspace extension and I need to get the latest Openspace JAR files.

Here's the stacktrace:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.smartfoxserver.v2.entities.data.SFSObject.newFromJsonData(Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/smartfoxserver/v2/entities/data/SFSObject;
com.smartfoxserver.openspace.commands.LoadMapCommand.sendMapToRequester(LoadMapCommand.java:204)
com.smartfoxserver.openspace.commands.LoadMapCommand.loadMap(LoadMapCommand.java:180)
com.smartfoxserver.openspace.commands.LoadMapCommand.execute(LoadMapCommand.java:109)
com.smartfoxserver.openspace.handlers.OSRequestHandler.handleClientRequest(OSRequestHandler.java:84)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 29 Mar 2013, 14:57

If you own an OpenSpace license please contact us by email to get the latest version. Otherwise you can download it from the OpenSpace website.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
tantanix

Postby tantanix » 02 Apr 2013, 07:44

I've already sent an email to info@openspace-engine.com and no reply yet. I've also included the order details in case they needed to verify.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 02 Apr 2013, 09:11

Sorry, easter holidays... we will send the files in a few minutes.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “RedBox 2X”