Can't access to redBox extension from the admin panel

Post your questions and bug-reports about our audio/video streaming add-on based on Red5 Server.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

greg76

Can't access to redBox extension from the admin panel

Postby greg76 » 14 Jun 2011, 16:22

Hi all!

I've installed SFS2X on linux (sfs2x works fine), and now I want to use the redBox add-on. I've downloaded the redBox package, copied the Red5 folder on the same level as the SFS2X folder, and I've copied the redBox "default" extension folder in the SFS2X/extensions/ folder...

When I run the Red5 server (./red5.sh) I get the following message:
--------
Running on Linux
Starting Red5
./red5.sh: line 56: /home/commun/bolducvm/SFS2X-RC1b/Red5/../jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file
./red5.sh: line 56: /home/commun/bolducvm/SFS2X-RC1b/Red5/../jre/bin/java: Success
--------

Since there's an error before the final "Success" I'm not sure if the server is running or not.

Then I restarted the SFS server, went in the sfs admin panel > Zone Configurator > MyZone > Zone Extension... But instead of the Name dropdown I've seen in the sfs redbox documentation, the Name element is an empty input field, and I don't have a "Main Class" dropdown on this page.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!
greg
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 15 Jun 2011, 09:29

You have two separate issues.
First of all you get an error when starting the Red5 server. You might need to set the file permissions.

About the extension not showing in the Admin Tool, did you install the RedBox extension correctly? Please double check it.
If still behaving in the same way, please take a screenshot of the Admin Tool.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
greg76

Postby greg76 » 07 Jul 2011, 17:14

Hey there, thanks for your reply and sorry for the delai, I was quite busy on another project.

OK so I solved the problem with red5, it's now running properly!

Regarding redBox installation, you can see that the default extension is installed:

And I still have this problem in the zone configurator, the extension is not showing up:

any help would be greatly appreciated.
greg
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 08 Jul 2011, 08:07

You are still using SFS2X RC1. The extension doesn't show up automatically. You have to enter the extension folder name and the main extension class name manually in the fields.
You should upgrade to RC3: the new tab will auto-discover the available extensions.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “RedBox 2X”