SmartFox 2x unity ignoring connect values?

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

dragagon

SmartFox 2x unity ignoring connect values?

Postby dragagon » 08 Dec 2010, 20:12

So I'm trying to follow both the sfsTris and the FPS demo and this has prompted some questions:

1) in sfsTris, it tries to connect to the zone sftris. It doesn't exist, but doesn't give a warning. When i check on the server, they are logged into SimpleChat. Does this mean that if the zone doesn't exist it just connects to SimpleChat without throwing an error?

2) in sfsTris is connects to port 9339, not 9933. It still lets it in, even though its configured to go to 9933 only. So i went further and changed the port to 80 and it still connects. The logs even point to it connecting to 9933. So is it just ignoring my port and going straight to 9933 no matter what?

regards,
Christian
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 08 Dec 2010, 20:18

Hey,

Did you change the values in the scripts - or in the inspector? The inspector values _always_ take precedence to script values for public variables.

(But thanks for pointing to the scripts have wrong default values)

/Thomas
dragagon

Postby dragagon » 08 Dec 2010, 20:21

I changed the values directly in the LoginGUI.cs file. I took a look at what the inspector says and I'll make note of that in the future. It didn't occur to me that they would have been changed in the scene and thats why my changes aren't apparent.

Return to “SFS2X C# API”