WebGL SSL Issue

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

BonyYousuf

Re: WebGL SSL Issue

Postby BonyYousuf » 24 Apr 2015, 12:26

This is what you wrote on the email
These changes mean that WebGL requires a dedicated project: you can’t have a single Unity project covering all the supported platforms.

This is a very wrong move. It is completely illogical to have done this which breaks the very reason why people use unity3d. All I asked for is a simple fix, I can't seem to imagine why that you would require you guys to make such dramatic change. Why couldn't you just update that one dll which deals with webgl in the browser. Why should it now require to have a completely different project to build with the new version? You do realise that from now on I would have to make changes for other platform and then merge that change somehow to the webgl one. This is very crazy situation. Please go back to the previous way of just assigning specific dlls for specific build. Having separate project for webgl is not a good solution at all.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 24 Apr 2015, 13:22

We had the feeling that this would have been an issue. Can you please describe your setup? Do you have a project you want to be able to build for all the platforms supported by Unity?
In any case we had to take this approach for simplicity, in order to send you a working was connection as that seemed your priority.
We will further explore a better alternative (similar to the previous beta) before the final API is released.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
BonyYousuf

Postby BonyYousuf » 24 Apr 2015, 14:30

Yes, my game is supporting almost all of the platform unity and smartfox is offering. And you should know that most people who are building for webgl are actually doing it along with unity web player as an alternative. It will be not just me but everyone who will have this issue. You should have separate dll for separate platform not separate project for separate platform.

How long do you think it would take for you guys to have this done? I can wait few more days.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 24 Apr 2015, 14:41

We are working on it now. We will provide a feedback at the beginning of next week.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
BonyYousuf

Postby BonyYousuf » 24 Apr 2015, 14:47

That means this Monday or Tuesday, right? Sure, I can wait :)
faisal007

Postby faisal007 » 20 Jan 2017, 13:55

Hello,

Any update on this ? we are having the same issue where host name resolve error occurs and we are unable to connect to secure websocket in unity webgl build, our game is also developed for multiple platforms like facebook, ios and android.

Thanks.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 20 Jan 2017, 14:18

This was fixed back in April/May. If the latest version of the C# API available here doesn't solve your issue, then I think you have a different problem. In this case please post a new message describing your setup (including version numbers of Unity, SFS, C# API) and step by step instructions to reproduce the error. Thanks.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
faisal007

Postby faisal007 » 07 Feb 2017, 14:19

It is now resolved after updating API's and most importantly correct setup of SSL and certificate. Thanks.

Return to “SFS2X C# API”