Global Private Messaging/Disabled events on a per room basis

Post here your suggestions for new possible features in SmartFoxServer.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

mrpinc

Global Private Messaging/Disabled events on a per room basis

Postby mrpinc » 10 Nov 2009, 18:14

After posting (with no response) about my problems with private messaging to non-buddylist users I believe I've come to realize it is not possible currently with Smartfox.

I think it would be greatly beneficial if I were able to send a private message to any user in a zone and have the sender object sent with it. Currently you can sort of do this with everyone connected to a limbo room but even then no sender object is sent so if you receive a private message from a user who is not on your buddy list then it is impossible to find out who the sender is.

I do understand that this functionality can be created via server side extension but to me it just seems like something that should be available in the default API.

On a similar note I believe it would be possible to create this functionality by creating a room with certain feature disabled (like a limbo room) but not all. It would be nice to be able to enable/disable events/action on a room by room basis. Although I am not certain that this would be guaranteed to allow global private messaging.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 10 Nov 2009, 22:46

Hi,
as regards private messages it's our intention to improve it by sending user data together to with the message to allow full cross-room messaging with users non knowing each others.

As regards Rooms, our next major update will provide more flexible Room objects with fine-grained event configuration, runtime changes of name, password, capacity etc... new Room management features, Room filtering in the Zone and lots more :)

Stay tuned.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
mrpinc

Postby mrpinc » 11 Nov 2009, 14:26

Thanks for replying. This is very exciting news. Can't wait for these new features!

Return to “Features Wish List”