SmartFox.joinedRooms problem - lists rooms I already left, and admin tool is correct

Post here your questions about the Flash / Flex / Air API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

burnside

Re: SmartFox.joinedRooms problem - lists rooms I already left, and admin tool is correct

Postby burnside » 04 Apr 2017, 07:32

Thanks Lapo.

You can see in our code I posted we do remove all players from the rooms first, then after all players are confirmed removed we add them to their new room assignments.

I just found out the USER_ENTER_EVENT and USER_EXIT_EVENT were turned off on the parent room. (not the table rooms, which are also getting duplicated in the array) Would that cause issues with the joinedRooms array?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: SmartFox.joinedRooms problem - lists rooms I already left, and admin tool is correct

Postby Lapo » 04 Apr 2017, 07:56

Yes, because if those events are not fired the client side will not keep an updated list of users inside a Room.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
burnside

Postby burnside » 05 Apr 2017, 19:35

Lapo wrote:Yes, because if those events are not fired the client side will not keep an updated list of users inside a Room.

Thanks!

We'll continue to try to figure out the joinedRooms array issue. Though with our work-around it is less pressing for us.

Cheers.

Return to “SFS2X ActionScript 3 API”