Getting this exception in server logs -java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Zenith

Getting this exception in server logs -java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Postby Zenith » 20 Jan 2018, 07:33

20 Jan 2018 | 07:30:03,662 | WARN | qtp173791568-63 | jetty.server.HttpChannel | | //www.castleglory.io/Build/v07.asm.memory.unityweb
java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 30001/30000 ms
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.SharedBlockingCallback$Blocker.block(SharedBlockingCallback.java:226)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.sendContent(HttpOutput.java:655)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.sendData(DefaultServlet.java:970)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:525)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:837)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:583)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1180)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1112)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:213)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:119)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)
at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:335)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:524)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:319)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:253)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.executeProduceConsume(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:303)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceConsume(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:148)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:136)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:671)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:589)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 30001/30000 ms
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout.checkIdleTimeout(IdleTimeout.java:166)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout$1.run(IdleTimeout.java:50)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
... 1 more

What does this mean? Why is this exception coming ? How can I solve this?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Getting this exception in server logs -java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Postby Lapo » 20 Jan 2018, 10:34

Hi,
I have no idea, and I'd need some context.
How is this exception triggered?
Do you run custom servlets on the Jetty side?
What is the url in the stack trace --> //www.castleglory.io/Build/v07.asm.memory.unityweb

Is it under your domain?
How big is the file?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Zenith

Re: Getting this exception in server logs -java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Postby Zenith » 20 Jan 2018, 16:01

Lapo wrote:Hi,
I have no idea, and I'd need some context.
How is this exception triggered?
Do you run custom servlets on the Jetty side?
What is the url in the stack trace --> //www.castleglory.io/Build/v07.asm.memory.unityweb

Is it under your domain?
How big is the file?

Thanks

The file is around 7 to 8 mb. Yes it is under my domain. There are a few other exceptions being thrown I would push fix for those so that more details about this can be known. Currently my logs are mess. Game bursted with users.. I hadn't expected.lol!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 22 Jan 2018, 09:36

So you're serving the game client via the Jetty webserver and you get that error?
Does it happen often?

The error suggests that the client connection has timed out. This may mean that the client was too slow while downloading.
Also you mentioned your game has received a spike of traffic (which is always good :) )... maybe you should check that you have enough bandwidth, especially if the error continues to appear in the logs.

Let us know
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Zenith

Postby Zenith » 22 Jan 2018, 16:09

Lapo wrote:So you're serving the game client via the Jetty webserver and you get that error?
Does it happen often?

The error suggests that the client connection has timed out. This may mean that the client was too slow while downloading.
Also you mentioned your game has received a spike of traffic (which is always good :) )... maybe you should check that you have enough bandwidth, especially if the error continues to appear in the logs.

Let us know

Hi ,
Would it be a good idea to have my site hosted on a different webhosting simply and Jelastic being used only for SFS Connection. Please suggest regards.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 23 Jan 2018, 10:07

So you're running SFS2X on Jelastic?
Have you checked your bandwidth usage? Is everything okay?

Have you checked when is the error more frequent? Does it happen when there is more traffic?
What is the average traffic (CCU wise) on your server?

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X Questions”