Strange UDP Issue

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Strange UDP Issue

Postby Lapo » 22 Jun 2017, 14:27

Thanks,
we have tested multiple times from two separate connections haven't found any issues, using the domain you have sent.

Can you share more details about the connection error? Such as the stack trace of the error itself?
It could be several things such as a DNS problem, or a generic network issue etc...

Also what clients platform are you using? Mobile? Which OS?

Is it possible that people having connection issues are from the same location? (i.e. a specific country or ISP)

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Vcrn

Postby Vcrn » 22 Jun 2017, 14:38

Lapo wrote:Thanks,
we have tested multiple times from two separate connections haven't found any issues, using the domain you have sent.

Can you share more details about the connection error? Such as the stack trace of the error itself?
It could be several things such as a DNS problem, or a generic network issue etc...

Also what clients platform are you using? Mobile? Which OS?

Is it possible that people having connection issues are from the same location? (i.e. a specific country or ISP)

cheers

The clients are using Unity on iOS and Android. The problem happens to both iOS and Android users.

The users experiencing the issues are from multiple different continents with different ISPs (none of them using a mobile data connection).

As for the actual error it appears that a connection is never established and fails. I will try to get more specific information.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 22 Jun 2017, 15:24

Vcrn wrote:The clients are using Unity on iOS and Android. The problem happens to both iOS and Android users.
The users experiencing the issues are from multiple different continents with different ISPs (none of them using a mobile data connection).

You mean they connect via wifi?

As for the actual error it appears that a connection is never established and fails. I will try to get more specific information.

Ok thanks
Have you ever been able to reproduce it yourself?

One more thing. I've tried to load the server's welcome page by pointing to your-domain:8080 and didn't get anything.
Did you disable the web-server or maybe is it running on a different port?

It would be interesting to see if users with connection issues can load that web page. If they can't the issue it's likely due to some DNS problem.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Vcrn

Postby Vcrn » 22 Jun 2017, 15:43

Lapo wrote:
Vcrn wrote:The clients are using Unity on iOS and Android. The problem happens to both iOS and Android users.

Ok thanks

One more thing. I've tried to load the server's welcome page by pointing to your-domain:8080 and didn't get anything.

It would be interesting to see if users with connection issues can load that web page. If they can't the issue it's likely due to some DNS problem.

Yes with a wifi connection.

I've never been able to reproduce it myself.

Port 8080 for the Admin Tool is only accessible by my IP Address at the moment. I'll make it publicly accessible and see if those users can load the page.
Vcrn

Postby Vcrn » 22 Jun 2017, 16:45

Vcrn wrote:
Lapo wrote:

Ok thanks

Yes with a wifi connection.

I've never been able to reproduce it myself.

Port 8080 for the Admin Tool is only accessible by my IP Address at the moment. I'll make it publicly accessible and see if those users can load the page.

They are able to load the welcome page through the domain, but not able to connect to the server with the domain.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 23 Jun 2017, 07:27

Is the BlueBox feature active on client side? If they can reach the webserver they must also be able to connect via HTTP tunneling, at least.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Vcrn

Postby Vcrn » 25 Jun 2017, 03:21

Lapo wrote:Is the BlueBox feature active on client side? If they can reach the webserver they must also be able to connect via HTTP tunneling, at least.

BlueBox is disabled on the client side. I will try to to see if they can connect through it but I'd still rather get normal connections working properly.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 26 Jun 2017, 15:52

A way to improve connectivity over TCP socket for clients is to use a different port number, one that is usually not blocked by firewalls, such as 443 for instance.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X Questions”