[NEW] SFS2X 2.13.0 available!

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Lapo
Site Admin

[NEW] SFS2X 2.13.0 available!

Postby Lapo » 04 May 2017, 13:41

SmartFoxServer 2X Patch 2.13 is available for download.
We have just released a new major update for SmartFoxServer 2X that focuses mainly on Javascript for both client and server side.

As anticipated in our previous newsletter we're gladly re-introducing Javascript as a server-side language for Extensions, thanks to the improved performance of the Nashorn engine, provided in JDK 8.

We're also launching an improved support for HTML5 websocket via Jetty web-server and with a redesigned client API that fully supports the SFS2X binary protocol.

The consolidation of client and server-side Javascript is part of an effort to make websockets and HTML-based applications first class citizens in the SmartFoxServer platform together with all the other client technologies. In this effort we're also dropping the legacy Netty websocket engine, integrating all web services via Jetty 9.x.

You can download the update from here.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

NOTE: Before you update to SFS2X 2.13 make sure to review our websocket migration page
in our documentation.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: [NEW] SFS2X 2.13.0 available!

Postby Lapo » 04 May 2017, 13:42

Release notes:

::::: Server Side :::::
[NEW] Jetty-based support for websocket, with full support for binary and json (legacy) protocols.
[NEW] Support for server-side JavaScript Extensions via the high performance Nashorn JS engine.
[NEW] Added new methods to BaseSFSExtension for conveniently accessing BuddyApi, GameApi and MMOApi classes.
[NEW] Added getProperties() method to Room and User objects in order to access the properties map directly.
[NEW] Added configurable length of activation codes in the Signup Assistant component.

::::: Client Side :::::
[NEW] "Binary" JavaScript client-side API with full support for the SFS2X binary protocol.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

nik0990

Postby nik0990 » 24 Jul 2018, 09:04

Hi,

I just need to know one thing.

Why should I upgrade to smartfoxserver 2.13 because I am smoothly running my app on SFS2.9?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 24 Jul 2018, 09:26

Upgrading is not mandatory :)
You can read all the changes, fixes and new things that have been added in the release notes history.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X Questions”