C++ GAME DEVELOPERS WANTED

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Bax
Site Admin

Re: C++ GAME DEVELOPERS WANTED

Postby Bax » 23 Nov 2016, 09:58

anhdht wrote:Hi Bax, I'm rewriting SpaceWar with cocos2dx. I'm not sure if it's interesting in you?

This sound interesting. Please contact us by email, so we can further discuss your project details. Thanks.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 19 Apr 2017, 14:47

The second game sent by a third-party developer is available in our C++ examples package.
Read the details in this post: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19499
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
koiseptember

Postby koiseptember » 22 Jul 2017, 06:19

When I open Simple Chat (VS2012) in VS2012. It throws "Cannot open include file " boost/container/string.hpp". No such file error." Although I point to exactly string.hpp location on my computer, more and more such error throws. Can someone tutor me set up Cpp example? Thanks so much!

goldenslot
MBagnati

Postby MBagnati » 23 Jul 2017, 17:48

Hi,
SimpleChat sample has been designed to use SmartFox API.
SmartFox API are based on Boost library.

SimpleChat project's settings contain the declararion for both include and library paths for SmartFox API and Boost library.

Please, edit "Additional Include Directories" item in "Configuration Properties / C/C++ / General" to replace suggested
..\..\..\trunk_api\Core\BoostAsio\Windows
with the path where you have the Boost library

Edit "Additional Library Directories" item in "Configuration Properties / Linker / General" to replace suggested
..\..\..\trunk_api\Core\BoostAsio\Windows\stage\lib
..\..\..\trunk_api\Deploy\VisualStudio2012\Debug
with the paths where you have the Boost library and the SmartFox API
Heaven

Postby Heaven » 11 Oct 2017, 13:59

I'm not sure what I made fits in the category so I'll just leave it here.

A few month ago after I had tried making SFS work with UE4 I came to the conclusion it just wouldn't work out of the box, UE4 doesn't allow RTTI while SFS client API needs it to function.

To get around this limitation I wrote a full plugin for UE4 as means of implementation of the SFS API, as it stands, it needs much further testing but I've successfully logged in from a game instance. I would say around 80-90% of the API functionality is working (there's still some work to do on it but those are not atm priorities for me). To note one of the huge problems is that boost libraries can not be used inside of the UE4 project so it is all working through Interfaces.

Also I'm not a specially experienced C++ developer so excuse me for any less than optimal code, it is released under MIT License so feel free to use it and if interested contribute.

Project page: https://gitlab.com/FlyingCookiePublic/SFSPlugin

p.s. I'll add some instructions on how to make it work, hopefully till the next week
arainyz

Postby arainyz » 20 Mar 2018, 16:41

Hey, I'm a little bit confused about c++ game development. Can we create a professional game using c+ +? Because there are many professional languages are present now a days to build a professional game?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 21 Mar 2018, 10:38

Hi,
it depends on what game you need to develop. Most mobile and indie games are built with higher level languages, such as C# / Java / Python / Javascript and using integrated editors such as Game Maker, Unity etc...

C++ is very powerful but also pretty difficult and it's typically employed for high performance rendering engines such as those you see on consoles and PC, in AAA titles.

Unless you already know C++ very well, any other language such as C# and Javascript is easier to use and faster to learn and allows you to create all sorts of games for all kinds of platforms.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
brandonlamb

Postby brandonlamb » 07 Jul 2018, 18:17

Hello,

I have posted a job on upwork.com to integrate the C++ API into Godot Engine.

One thought that just occurred was the licensing, as I plan on releasing the work back to the open source community.

What is the licensing on the client api? Are there licensing considerations/issues/clashes that will come out of this?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 08 Jul 2018, 09:29

brandonlamb wrote:What is the licensing on the client api? Are there licensing considerations/issues/clashes that will come out of this?

No issues with the client APIs; those can be redistributed freely.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
brandonlamb

Postby brandonlamb » 08 Jul 2018, 23:34

Good to hear on redistributing.

I got connected with a Godot community member who is going to take on this work of integrating sfs2x as a Godot module. It won't be included in the main repo because it's not totally free (although, it IS right?).

https://github.com/godot-addons/godot-sfs2x

It will be offered as open source at the repo above and will require a user to compile Godot from source to add the module. Should be pretty painless though, and will expose the client api classes/functions to gdscript.
ffelagund

Postby ffelagund » 10 Jan 2019, 09:16

Hello,

We are going to use the C++ API in our project (in fact, we are going to migrate from SFPro to 2X) for the following platforms:Windows, OSX, iOS and Android, but we cannot share the source code of our application. Is there any way we could adhere to this offer?

Thanks,
Jacobo.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 15 Jan 2019, 08:08

ffelagund wrote:We are going to use the C++ API in our project (in fact, we are going to migrate from SFPro to 2X) for the following platforms:Windows, OSX, iOS and Android, but we cannot share the source code of our application. Is there any way we could adhere to this offer?

The offer was meant to create a demo and tutorial for SFS2X. If you can't share the source code, then this is not applicable.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SFS2X Questions”