Requested room doesn't exist

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

steve13627

Requested room doesn't exist

Postby steve13627 » 20 Sep 2017, 03:48

Hi Site Admin,
As i checked the production log ,I found there is a serious exception in the log
"Join Error - Requested room doesn't exist"。

Code: Select all

20 Sep 2017 | 01:00:18,837 | WARN  | com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.SystemController-1 | v2.controllers.SystemController |     | com.smartfoxserver.v2.exceptions.SFSJoinRoomException: Join Error - Requested room doesn't exist
        com.smartfoxserver.v2.api.SFSApi.joinRoom(SFSApi.java:888)
        com.smartfoxserver.v2.api.SFSApi.joinRoom(SFSApi.java:753)
        com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.system.JoinRoom.execute(JoinRoom.java:87)
        com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.SystemController.processRequest(SystemController.java:130)
        com.smartfoxserver.bitswarm.controllers.AbstractController.run(AbstractController.java:96)
        java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Do you have any suggestion on this error since the room is exists?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Requested room doesn't exist

Postby Lapo » 20 Sep 2017, 07:44

Hi,
it may be that some Join request from client side arrived too late, after the room was removed.
Another possibility is that the Room requested by the client doesn't exist at all.

Can you reproduce the error? Is it very frequent?
Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
steve13627

Postby steve13627 » 21 Sep 2017, 10:13

Yes, it's appear very frequently in the production log. The room is never removed . Maybe the second reason make senese. I can't reproduce :(

Lapo wrote:Hi,
it may be that some Join request from client side arrived too late, after the room was removed.
Another possibility is that the Room requested by the client doesn't exist at all.

Can you reproduce the error? Is it very frequent?
Thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 21 Sep 2017, 14:13

I would take a moment to double check your client side code where a JoinRoomRequest is sent.
Are you joining the Room by room name or id?
ID is usually best because you can obtain it directly from the room list, while Room names can be misspelled.

Can you at least reproduce it once in a while? Or it never happens on your side?

thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”