isEncrypted tag causes server to not start

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

mrpinc

isEncrypted tag causes server to not start

Postby mrpinc » 10 Feb 2016, 14:27

A colleague of mine is unable to start his version of the server when the <isEncrypted> tag is present in our zone.xml file. The thing is that I use the exact same zone file and have no problem running the server. We are both running the latest version of the server (2.11.0). The only difference between our servers is that he is using the latest standalone installer and I have been upgrading my version using patches since 2.0.

Here is the stack trace of the error:

Code: Select all

10 Feb 2016 | 09:19:56,915 | ERROR | main | smartfoxserver.v2.SmartFoxServer |     | com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Exception: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException
Message: isEncrypted : isEncrypted : isEncrypted : isEncrypted
---- Debugging information ----
message             : isEncrypted : isEncrypted
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException
cause-message       : isEncrypted : isEncrypted
class               : com.smartfoxserver.v2.config.ZoneSettings
required-type       : com.smartfoxserver.v2.config.ZoneSettings
path                : /zone/isEncrypted
-------------------------------
Description: Unexpected error during Server boot. The server cannot start.
Solution: Please email us the content of this error message, including the stack trace to support[at]smartfoxserver.com
+--- --- ---+
Stack Trace:
+--- --- ---+
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:89)
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:63)
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:76)
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:60)
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:137)
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:33)
com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:923)
com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:909)
com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:861)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.config.DefaultConfigLoader.loadZonesConfiguration(DefaultConfigLoader.java:67)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.config.SFSConfigurator.loadZonesConfiguration(SFSConfigurator.java:134)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.entities.managers.SFSZoneManager.initializeZones(SFSZoneManager.java:233)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.SmartFoxServer.start(SmartFoxServer.java:266)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.Main.main(Main.java:27)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: isEncrypted tag causes server to not start

Postby Lapo » 10 Feb 2016, 15:47

Hello,
mrpinc wrote:A colleague of mine is unable to start his version of the server when the <isEncrypted> tag is present in our zone.xml file. The thing is that I use the exact same zone file and have no problem running the server. We are both running the latest version of the server (2.11.0). The only difference between our servers is that he is using the latest standalone installer and I have been upgrading my version using patches since 2.0.

The latest standalone installer available is ver 2.9.0 which does not support encryption. So if your coworker is running the latest installer he doesn't have a recent enough version to use encryption, hence the runtime error.

Also as a side note: it's not possible to update from version 2.0.0 up to 2.11.0 only with patches. We have released several full installers such as 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 and 2.9 that were mandatory for upgrading or use with subsequent patches.

I'd recommend installing a fresh copy of the server via the 2.9 installer + 2.11 patch.
You can do this in another folder, test that it works and then remove the previous installation.

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
mrpinc

Postby mrpinc » 10 Feb 2016, 16:00

My colleague was indeed on version 2.9 and that was the culprit. I apologize for posting incorrect info. Thanks for the prompt assistance.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 10 Feb 2016, 16:35

No problem. You actually said that he was running the latest installer, which is 2.9. So you were right :)

cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”