Is OpenSpace 2 [beta 4] trigger system implemented?

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Shilo

Is OpenSpace 2 [beta 4] trigger system implemented?

Postby Shilo » 17 Mar 2010, 04:30

Hello, first i'd like to congratulate the dev team on such a wonderful server and engine and I'm very interested in purchasing both.

I recently started working with OS2 beta 4 in flash, and so far it's been great. I was able to create and walk around with avatars fairly easy. But I cant seem to figure out how the new trigger system works to beable to interact with tiles (specifically warping). I took a look at the flex example source, and noticed that it has support for the triggers. I'm not able to compile the project, so I wasn't sure if its fully implemented.

I've looked through the API documents and the OpenSpace Editor but haven't found any means to add triggers to the maps. On that note, I haven't figured out how to move or add spawn tiles (assuming that's what they are).

Any info on this would be great, I can't wait to continue working with this engine. Thank you!
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Is OpenSpace 2 [beta 4] trigger system implemented?

Postby Bax » 18 Mar 2010, 09:20

But I cant seem to figure out how the new trigger system works to beable to interact with tiles (specifically warping). I took a look at the flex example source, and noticed that it has support for the triggers. I'm not able to compile the project, so I wasn't sure if its fully implemented.

Yes, the triggers system is fully implemented. In the Editor you can add triggers to skin instances (in the Tile Editor) or to tile instances (in the Map Editor). For example, click on a tile instance on the map and open the collapsable panel below the main viewport. You will be then able to add triggers.
At runtime, you then have to listen to the MapInteractionEvents (for skin or tile click/rollover/rollout triggers) or AvatarEvents (for avatar start-moving/enter-tile/leave-tile/stop-moving triggers) fired by OpenSpace.

On that note, I haven't figured out how to move or add spawn tiles (assuming that's what they are).

This is not clear. Can you please better explain?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Shilo

Postby Shilo » 18 Mar 2010, 23:56

Thank you so much. I can't believe I completely overlooked the collapsable panel. That's all i needed :). By spawn tiles, I meant the access points. Got it all figured out now and loving it.

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”