ScaleZ causing issues when used to fix image display problem

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

whornak

ScaleZ causing issues when used to fix image display problem

Postby whornak » 19 Sep 2011, 22:10

In an attempt to fix an image display problem with a background image in OpenSpace 2 w/SFS2X Pro, where the image is displayed with much of it being jagged, I happened across the 'scaleZ' setting. Not knowing of any other option to correct this issue I simply assigned the current value to it which surprisingly fixed the display issue. The problem now is it has negatively effected performance across the board.

The image being used is a .jpg file and imported into Flash CS5 having the properties: 1296x818 and 32 bits per pixel. Compression is Photo (JPEG), Quality set at 'Use imported JPEG data'. File size is 868kb but when looking at the 'Imported JPEG' stats it says original 4240.5kb, compressed 888.4kb, 20% of original.

The application uses swfobject and swffit with swffit set in javascript as:

swffit.fit("bpb", 770, 486, 1296, 818, true, true);

If not using this swffit the image displays properly but much larger than necessary so I don't know that I could get away without using swffit to control the size.

This is a major issue and possibly a show stopper so any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance for any information.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 21 Sep 2011, 08:19

whornak, I'm not following you entirely... this doesn't seem to be an OpenSpace issue, right?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
whornak

Postby whornak » 23 Sep 2011, 02:17

Wasn't sure if it was or not so I figured I would post it in case someone could lend assistance.

The solution has nothing to do with Openspace and ended up being a Flash setting on the PNG's being imported.

Checking 'Allow Smoothing' solved the problem.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 23 Sep 2011, 08:03

Glad you solved it :)
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”