OpenSpace Server Extension Problem

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

foxboy

OpenSpace Server Extension Problem

Postby foxboy » 11 Aug 2011, 06:26

I'm trying to test the OpenSpaceExtension but it is having problem on the CreateRoom call on the code:

Room newRoom = null;
try
{
trace("CREATING MAP: " + mapName);
newRoom = this.sfsApi.createRoom(this.getParentZone(), crs, requester, false, requester.getLastJoinedRoom());
}
catch (SFSCreateRoomException e)
{
trace("ERROR CREATING MAP: " + mapName);
trace("DESCRIPTION:");
trace("ERROR CODE: " + e.getErrorData().getCode().toString());
e.printStackTrace();
}

With the above traces set, I am getting this on the log file:

[com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController-1] Extensions - {osExtension}: CLIENT CALLED: loadMission
[com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController-1] Extensions - {osExtension}: LOAD MISSION
[com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController-1] Extensions - {osExtension}: CREATING MAP: osExample1#m5_Mission1a_2
[com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController-1] Extensions - {osExtension}: ERROR CREATING MAP: osExample1#m5_Mission1_2
[com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController-1] Extensions - {osExtension}: DESCRIPTION:

So from this, it is clear that a SFSCreateRoomException is being thrown by the extension after the sfsApi.CreateRoom is called. But I don't know the error as there is no description shown.
foxboy

Postby foxboy » 11 Aug 2011, 10:58

Problem solved.

I used the command line standalone version and not the service so I can see the stack trace. The room creation error is just the room name which is too short. Minimum set by default was 3, my room name is just 2 :(

Anyway, standalone version is cool to use if you like see the errors printed on the console. :)

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”