Multiple local instance issue; Browser/Flash combination

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

whornak

Multiple local instance issue; Browser/Flash combination

Postby whornak » 21 Jul 2011, 09:50

OpenSpace: 2.0.3
SmartFoxServer: RC3
Windows XP

I need to test functionality between users and am attempting to run one session through the browser and another through flash for debugging purposes.

When running multiple instances like this I am running into a problem with accessing the loaded AvatarContainer library within the second instance and receive the following message:

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable 'AvatarPartNeeded' is not defined.
at flash.system::ApplicationDomain/getDefinition()

I checked the logs for each instance and there is no error regarding the loading of the AvatarContainer. So it seems to be a problem with the ApplicationDomain management but am unable to determine what that might be or what additional work needs to be done with them if in fact that is where the issue is.

Is there any special consideration for this scenario or have I overlooked something?

Thanks.
whornak

Postby whornak » 21 Jul 2011, 11:12

I have changed the Domain assigned to the OpenSpace object from 'new ApplicationDomain(ApplicationDomain.currentDomain);' to 'new ApplicationDomain();' in an attempt to resolve this issue.

The net result was that the Avatar was not able to be created:

[OpenSpace|WARNING] An error occurred while creating avatar '33': Invalid main avatar class definition for 'example' avatar type: class must extend Avatar

Yet OpenSpace was functional regarding the click events and display, it was only the Avatar that had the issue yet all were loaded into the same ApplicationDomain.
whornak

Postby whornak » 21 Jul 2011, 23:08

While doing some testing and not yet figuring out what the problem is I have discovered the following.

Prior to login from the second browser the player in the first browser changes rooms from the default starting point. Then the second player logs in and there is no problem and both players can move about in separate rooms.

Once a player attempts to enter the same room as the other there is an issue creating the user that is entering the room. It cannot find the definitions that it was just using in the other room.

In an earlier statement I mentioned browser/flash ide but that makes no difference and the problem exists whether running browser/browser or browser/flash IDE.

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”