old skins displaying in maps

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

li_ramen07

old skins displaying in maps

Postby li_ramen07 » 07 Apr 2011, 07:48

Hi,

Does anyone else experience this? Some of the skins displayed on the map are the "old" skins. I have already updated all necessary files: the map, inv, object library file (in server/openspace/data), and all the assets as well. Stopped and restarted the server. The skins that show up on the map are not the updated ones, though this seems to be intermittent. Also cleared the cache and the browsing history but still the problem occurs at times.

Additional info:
I have created the room dynamically and just added the corresponding map as one of the room vars.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.
Li Ramen

on sleepless roads the sleepless go
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 07 Apr 2011, 08:30

mm.. really no idea. It seems a browser cache issue, but you said you cleared it.
What about the Editor? Do you see the right skins?
If yes, maybe you are not deploying the swf files containing the skins properly.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
li_ramen07

Postby li_ramen07 » 08 Apr 2011, 02:40

Yes, I see the right skins on the editor.

It seems to be fixed now after i completely removed the "old" assets from the flash file [there was a duplicate of the "old" skin, but with a different export name]. Should this really be the case?.. I mean, it has a different export class already and wasn't part of the map.
Li Ramen

on sleepless roads the sleepless go
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 08 Apr 2011, 08:05

Yes, I would say that was the case, but I don't have an explanation, sorry. Flash mysteries...
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”