null object reference - onMapGenerationCompleted

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

li_ramen07

null object reference - onMapGenerationCompleted

Postby li_ramen07 » 21 Mar 2011, 09:13

Hi All,

I have this flash app integrated with sfs/openspace and am loading maps on dynamically created rooms once a user successfully logs in. When running inside the Flash IDE, i never get this error. However, when i try to run the swf file, i sometimes encounter the following error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at com.smartfoxserver.openspace.shared.control.map::MapManager/onMapGenerationCompleted()[/Users/Paolo/gotoAndPlay/gotoAndPlay/SmartFoxServer/OpenSpace/Client/Classes/src/com/smartfoxserver/openspace/shared/control/map/MapManager.as:1763]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at it.gotoandplay.utils.executor::MultiFrameExecutor/runStep()[/Users/Paolo/gotoAndPlay/gotoAndPlay/SmartFoxServer/OpenSpace/Client/Classes/src/it/gotoandplay/utils/executor/MultiFrameExecutor.as:85]
at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

Done a bit of a research and found some posts which relate this error to not having removed some of the event listeners when loading map assets... but i have already made sure I've done this.

I'm running the app on a licensed smartfoxserver and openspacev2.

Ideas, anyone?

Regards,
LR
Li Ramen

on sleepless roads the sleepless go

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”