Support squedule for 1.x.

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

meanvel

Support squedule for 1.x.

Postby meanvel » 26 Mar 2017, 06:36

You switch this to a private message if you want.

I was wondering what the future support schedule for pro 1.x is. Will 1.x eventually be discontinued and only 2.x be maintained, or will 1.x still be around and supported for a decade or so? Fixing zero-day flaws and other potential issues that may arise, IP address changes for licenses, and etc...

If 1.x were to be discontinued, would you provide a solution so that games built on 1.x could keep going, like allowing the licenses to be private IP unlocked or a similar solution? I am inquiring because I am considering keeping my pro 1.x unlimited license, not upgrading it, and instead purchasing a separate 2.x license for games that require MMO rooms and items.

I am thinking very long term. Many games built in the last decade will continue for years and years to come. Look at Tibia for example. Two decades old and still going strong. Of course, with the developers still working on keeping it going.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Support squedule for 1.x.

Postby Lapo » 27 Mar 2017, 08:10

Hi,
meanvel wrote:You switch this to a private message if you want.
I was wondering what the future support schedule for pro 1.x is. Will 1.x eventually be discontinued and only 2.x be maintained, or will 1.x still be around and supported for a decade or so? Fixing zero-day flaws and other potential issues that may arise, IP address changes for licenses, and etc...

Yes this is the current status.
Back in 2011 we launched SmartFoxServer 2X and announced that SFS 1.x was going to be maintained/supported but we would no longer add new features.

We don't have plans for changing this in the near future.

I am inquiring because I am considering keeping my pro 1.x unlimited license, not upgrading it, and instead purchasing a separate 2.x license for games that require MMO rooms and items.

If your PRO license is not in use you can get a discount for the purchase of a 2X license.

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”